Kurt Angle is a maniac. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kurt Angle is a maniac.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:10 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote: The only credible main eventers on SD at the moment are Lashley, Batista, and Booker.

The Undertaker can still hold his own. ;-)

I have a feeling MVP will be able to hold his own as well, but time will tell on that. B-)

Taker is still great, but he isn't there enough to be put in the title chase.

He's there, he's just not on television. Does quite a few dark matches for the paid audience. The actually need to put him on television more since their ratings are so low. If he had the strap, or was actually in the chase, he'd be on television every week. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:20 pm

Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:
Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote: The only credible main eventers on SD at the moment are Lashley, Batista, and Booker.

I have a feeling MVP will be able to hold his own as well, but time will tell on that. B-)

He's there, he's just not on television. Does quite a few dark matches for the paid audience. The actually need to put him on television more since their ratings are so low. If he had the strap, or was actually in the chase, he'd be on television every week. B-)

Taker is treated more or less as a "special attraction" these days. At his age, you have to wonder if he's still a go 50-52 weeks in a year and something like 2-3 shows per week. At any rate, he normally gets more airtime going into big events such as WrestleMania, Summerslam, or Royal Rumble. It's hard to develop long-term storylines in Taker, not just because of the constant workload, but because even the marks these days don't suspend their disbeliefs as they once did in the early 90's (thus, the over-the-top supernatural angles are somewhat passe) and because unlike the early 90's, the product isn't geared primarily at kids anymore.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:38 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:
Madison wrote:

Taker is treated more or less as a "special attraction" these days. At his age, you have to wonder if he's still a go 50-52 weeks in a year and something like 2-3 shows per week. At any rate, he normally gets more airtime going into big events such as WrestleMania, Summerslam, or Royal Rumble. It's hard to develop long-term storylines in Taker, not just because of the constant workload, but because even the marks these days don't suspend their disbeliefs as they once did in the early 90's (thus, the over-the-top supernatural angles are somewhat passe) and because unlike the early 90's, the product isn't geared primarily at kids anymore.

Come on Mr. Smark, you know as well as I do that Taker wrestles over 3 times per week in dark matches and house shows. It's not that he can't handle the workload, it's that they save him for the bigger stuff since he's still a big draw. However, with ratings as bad as they are, the WWE really should think about bringing him in for a real storyline and a real run. It will happen eventually though, as I don't see Taker retiring without one more title reign.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:00 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:
Madison wrote:

Come on Mr. Smark, you know as well as I do that Taker wrestles over 3 times per week in dark matches and house shows. It's not that he can't handle the workload, it's that they save him for the bigger stuff since he's still a big draw. However, with ratings as bad as they are, the WWE really should think about bringing him in for a real storyline and a real run. It will happen eventually though, as I don't see Taker retiring without one more title reign.

I don't read the house show reports that often. :-B Taker is undoubtedly still a big draw. It's more of an issue of a development of a storyline for him as well as finding some air time for him.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:24 pm

Where he wrestles so randomly on TV, he's just too hard to fit into anything. I actually think anymore he hurts SD's roster more then he helps it. He shows up and sinks an upper midcarder and then disappears off TV again. It's not all his fault, it is the way they book his character (though he does have a hand in how he's booked.) I think he would be better on Raw where he could pop in at random and have a ton of guys to feud with. This would also help in the fact that when he comes in and makes a SD guy look bad they have a whole because of their weak roster. If he comes in on Raw and makes say Shelton Benjamin look bad, they have 3-4 guys who can step up and fill his spot on the roster.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:55 pm

1337_Dude wrote:Where he wrestles so randomly on TV, he's just too hard to fit into anything. I actually think anymore he hurts SD's roster more then he helps it. He shows up and sinks an upper midcarder and then disappears off TV again. It's not all his fault, it is the way they book his character (though he does have a hand in how he's booked.) I think he would be better on Raw where he could pop in at random and have a ton of guys to feud with. This would also help in the fact that when he comes in and makes a SD guy look bad they have a whole because of their weak roster. If he comes in on Raw and makes say Shelton Benjamin look bad, they have 3-4 guys who can step up and fill his spot on the roster.

That's true, but Smackdown does need a "big name" after all and Taker does fit the bill. I think Taker should move to RAW also, but my reasoning is that it's a refreshing move for both brands while bringing in the likes of Cena or HBK to Smackdown. I don't believe we had a roster re-draft this year, but I think that it should become an annual practice. After WrestleMania when one "wrestling year" culminates, it would be great to see a roster shake-up, and hopefully, SD and RAW can be on even playing fields.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:34 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:bad, they have 3-4 guys who can step up and fill his spot on the roster.

That's true, but Smackdown does need a "big name" after all and Taker does fit the bill. I think Taker should move to RAW also, but my reasoning is that it's a refreshing move for both brands while bringing in the likes of Cena or HBK to Smackdown. I don't believe we had a roster re-draft this year, but I think that it should become an annual practice. After WrestleMania when one "wrestling year" culminates, it would be great to see a roster shake-up, and hopefully, SD and RAW can be on even playing fields.[/quote]
I'd love to see them bring back the draft lottery. They were starting to get the writing for it perfect too. It would also help a lot of problems that SD has been having with the lack of talent.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Yeah, Draft Lottery! What say you, Triple H? Man Law? Oh right, you don't do Tuesdays. :-b

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Previous

Return to General Talk