Kurt Angle is a maniac. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kurt Angle is a maniac.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:41 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I really think WWE should promote the entire cruiserweight division more as it used to work in the last days of WCW and of course, it appeals now with TNA.

Pshhht ;-7 ......cruiserweights ;-7 ......might as well bring back the midget wrestlers. ;-7

:-b

I'd rather watch the Divas dance than watch most of the cruiserweights wrestle. :-D Heck, I'd rather watch midgets wrestle instead of the cruiserweights. :-b

WWE doesn't know how to promote cruiserweights. The pace of the match is better, more counters, crazy aerial moves, less holds, and less transitions which really drag the pace of the match. Cruiserweight wrestling is more of a smark's delight seeing how a lot of WWE marks just can't get into it.

Figured I'd poke a little fun at you. All good natured of course. ;-)

I don't know if it's that the WWE doesn't know how to market the little guys, or if people just don't honestly tune in to see them. You're right, the pacing of the match is better, there are more unique moves done (and new ones popping up all the time), more actual wrestling, etc. Myself, if WWE were to start giving serious air time to the cruiserweights, I'd probably turn it off. If I want to see little guys fight, there are tons of ways to see it, and see real fighting. Watching two little guys fight and take up airtime just doesn't appeal to me. I can understand why some people like it, and that's cool, but that's not what I tune into WWE to see.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:45 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I really think WWE should promote the entire cruiserweight division more as it used to work in the last days of WCW and of course, it appeals now with TNA.

Pshhht ;-7 ......cruiserweights ;-7 ......might as well bring back the midget wrestlers. ;-7

I'd rather watch the Divas dance than watch most of the cruiserweights wrestle. :-D Heck, I'd rather watch midgets wrestle instead of the cruiserweights. :-b

WWE doesn't know how to promote cruiserweights. The pace of the match is better, more counters, crazy aerial moves, less holds, and less transitions which really drag the pace of the match. Cruiserweight wrestling is more of a smark's delight seeing how a lot of WWE marks just can't get into it.

I don't know if it's that the WWE doesn't know how to market the little guys, or if people just don't honestly tune in to see them. You're right, the pacing of the match is better, there are more unique moves done (and new ones popping up all the time), more actual wrestling, etc. Myself, if WWE were to start giving serious air time to the cruiserweights, I'd probably turn it off. If I want to see little guys fight, there are tons of ways to see it, and see real fighting. Watching two little guys fight and take up airtime just doesn't appeal to me. I can understand why some people like it, and that's cool, but that's not what I tune into WWE to see.

MAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKK!!!!! :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:51 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Madison wrote:

MAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKK!!!!! :-b

So? :-D I enjoy wrestling when I watch it. I just happen to also want to know what's going on backstage in real life, and why certain things are done. So I'm a little of both. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:10 pm

i really like what wwe is doing with the intercontinental belt on raw. carlito, orton, masters, super crazy, j hardy, nitro all involved. theyve been competeing in 6 man battles the last few weeks which has been damn entertaining. thier match 2 weeks ago ended with every single on of them nailing thier finishing move. it was amazing, ill try to find the video.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:24 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i really like what wwe is doing with the intercontinental belt on raw. carlito, orton, masters, super crazy, j hardy, nitro all involved. theyve been competeing in 6 man battles the last few weeks which has been damn entertaining. thier match 2 weeks ago ended with every single on of them nailing thier finishing move. it was amazing, ill try to find the video.

Yeah, WWE had practically been neglecting the midcard title division for a while now.

Speaking of which, anyone remember what happened to the U.S. title on Smackdown? ;-7 :-b

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:31 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:i really like what wwe is doing with the intercontinental belt on raw. carlito, orton, masters, super crazy, j hardy, nitro all involved. theyve been competeing in 6 man battles the last few weeks which has been damn entertaining. thier match 2 weeks ago ended with every single on of them nailing thier finishing move. it was amazing, ill try to find the video.

Yeah, WWE had practically been neglecting the midcard title division for a while now.

Speaking of which, anyone remember what happened to the U.S. title on Smackdown? ;-7 :-b

geez i dont even remember what happened to smackdown.. :-o
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm

One of the things that hurts the cruisers is the fact the ring is bigger then most places. It adds a bit more risk and just makes a lot of the moves that makes the division fun a lot harder to do

The Artful Dodger wrote:

I think that Raw needs to share a bit of the talent or the WWE just needs to end the two brands. Raw hordes every bit of talent when they have plenty of guys who could go over to SD and become instant main eventers. The only credible main eventers on SD at the moment are Lashley, Batista, and Booker. They had Rey but then went on to give him one of the worst title runs in recent history. KK needs a bit more time to prove he can stay healthy and to build himself up a bit. The idea of the two brands is good, but Vince babies Raw and treats SD like the ugly kid that was a mistake.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:32 pm

1337_Dude wrote: The only credible main eventers on SD at the moment are Lashley, Batista, and Booker.

The Undertaker can still hold his own. ;-)

I have a feeling MVP will be able to hold his own as well, but time will tell on that. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:34 pm

Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote: The only credible main eventers on SD at the moment are Lashley, Batista, and Booker.

The Undertaker can still hold his own. ;-)

I have a feeling MVP will be able to hold his own as well, but time will tell on that. B-)

Taker is still great, but he isn't there enough to be put in the title chase.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:54 pm

1337_Dude wrote:One of the things that hurts the cruisers is the fact the ring is bigger then most places. It adds a bit more risk and just makes a lot of the moves that makes the division fun a lot harder to do

There's some truth to that. A WWE ring is twenty feet long whereas ECW had something like a 15-18 foot long ring. We're talking lengthwise here. It's not necessarily the size of the ring that holds the cruisers back because TNA for example has a six-sided ring, albeit if it were a rectangular one, it would be a 15-18 footer. It's more of Vince not knowing how to make cruiserweights marketable. Sure, they're not likely to carry a larger-than-life personality, but they can carry matches that can entertain a mainstream audience.

1337_Dude wrote:I think that Raw needs to share a bit of the talent or the WWE just needs to end the two brands. Raw hordes every bit of talent when they have plenty of guys who could go over to SD and become instant main eventers. The only credible main eventers on SD at the moment are Lashley, Batista, and Booker. They had Rey but then went on to give him one of the worst title runs in recent history. KK needs a bit more time to prove he can stay healthy and to build himself up a bit. The idea of the two brands is good, but Vince babies Raw and treats SD like the ugly kid that was a mistake.

That's also true. I believe the reason why Vince tilts most of the talent on RAW is because USA draws more ratings, where they have a better reach of their target audience, as opposed to SD on UPN, although SD is now on the CW. It will be interesting to see if Vince levels the playing field, so to speak, now that CW grabs a more substantial base of younger viewers. He's trying to do that with John Cena making an appearance on SD.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk