Kurt Angle is a maniac. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kurt Angle is a maniac.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:05 pm

1337_Dude wrote:Wow...Kurt Angle is now in TNA. This could actually be very good for him and the promotion. The fact they don't do house shows means he only has to go once a week, which will go a long way in keeping him healthy. It also gives TNA a real main event guy...they need to just give him the belt.

Also now I can see Joe vs. Angle which is one of my dream matches.

This would be a great move for Kurt Angle and TNA. Because TNA would have something like four iMPACT tapings a month plus a PPV, this would benefit Angle's volatile health. No house shows and no road trips because virtually their entire shows are taped at Universal Studios in Orlando. TNA has lacked that big main eventer that carries a great deal of credibility, especially coming from the WWE.

From what I hear, TNA iMPACT will now move to Prime time at 9PM on Spike TV starting November 16. The reason why TNA probably wanted to sign Angle is that he would be the bargaining chip for TNA to persuade the Spike TV suits to place TNA on the lucrative 9PM timeslot.

Here's a link to the article I found which basically makes it a legitimate deal that Angle's a go for TNA:
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/a ... 7938.shtml

And yes, I can't wait for the possibility of an Angle vs. Joe match. I was personally hoping for it at the last ECW One Night Stand (of course that would never happen in the first place), but sooner or later, we'll have that dream match every smark has been dreaming about. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:26 pm

so he "retired" around the begining of this month. how soon does he plan on competing? in his "retirement" essay thing he stated these as his injuries;

severly pulled groin
pulled lower abdominal muscle directly off pelvic bone
blown out hamstring

now he's supposed to return from all of that in less than 6 weeks?? :-?

somthings fishy about this whole thing.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:00 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:And yes, I can't wait for the possibility of an Angle vs. Joe match. I was personally hoping for it at the last ECW One Night Stand (of course that would never happen in the first place), but sooner or later, we'll have that dream match every smark has been dreaming about. ;-D

For the longest time that's been that match that i've wanted to see, but I really had given up any hope.

This should be really good for TNA since they have a guy they should know to put the title on. Hopefully it gives me a reason to watch it, because the main issue that I have with TNA is Jeff Jarrett. Everyone on the roster at some point has switched to being one of his cronies for one reason or another. It almost never fails, a guy gets right on the edge of breaking out and being a star and boom, he turns on someone and aligns with Jarret. They just don't book anything unless at the end of the feud the guy looses or aligns with him. Honestly, if it wasn't for that I'd probably try to watch TNA. He's like H, except he never takes a break from the title scene (H has been really good about that the past few years). They have some really good guys on the show, I just hold out hope that one day they'll realise that Jarrett isn't anything more then a mid-card type guy. Of course, that won't happen...but I can wish.

/end rant
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:54 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:And yes, I can't wait for the possibility of an Angle vs. Joe match. I was personally hoping for it at the last ECW One Night Stand (of course that would never happen in the first place), but sooner or later, we'll have that dream match every smark has been dreaming about. ;-D

For the longest time that's been that match that i've wanted to see, but I really had given up any hope.

This should be really good for TNA since they have a guy they should know to put the title on. Hopefully it gives me a reason to watch it, because the main issue that I have with TNA is Jeff Jarrett. Everyone on the roster at some point has switched to being one of his cronies for one reason or another. It almost never fails, a guy gets right on the edge of breaking out and being a star and boom, he turns on someone and aligns with Jarret. They just don't book anything unless at the end of the feud the guy looses or aligns with him. Honestly, if it wasn't for that I'd probably try to watch TNA. He's like H, except he never takes a break from the title scene (H has been really good about that the past few years). They have some really good guys on the show, I just hold out hope that one day they'll realise that Jarrett isn't anything more then a mid-card type guy. Of course, that won't happen...but I can wish.

/end rant

Well yeah, Double J is TNA's answer to Triple H. :-b

Personally, all I watch TNA for is the X Division and everything else feels like clutter unless Joe is involved. Unfortunately, this is still Jarrett's company (in a way, it still is) and so, until he realizes that the mantle has to be passed on permanently to the likes of Joe and Styles as the face(s) of the promotion, then TNA would have underachieved in the end.

As for Trips, I don't necessarily think that his stepping out of the title scene is a sign that he's putting the company first. I think it's more between the lines of Trips realizing he doesn't need the strap to be the main draw of the promotion. Case in point: the new DX. Granted, it's a feud between Vince and HBK/HHH, Trips still has more than enough political clout to make what is and traditionally was honored as a main event feud in Cena vs. Edge, appear to be a sidenote. Sure, Triple H has bowed out of the title scene to make room for a budding star like Cena and Edge to develop as a headliner, but that doesn't change the fact that Trips is getting the best airtime, making him the focal point of the brand. You can't tell me Trips has stepped down as the puppet master backstage.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:08 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:As for Trips, I don't necessarily think that his stepping out of the title scene is a sign that he's putting the company first. I think it's more between the lines of Trips realizing he doesn't need the strap to be the main draw of the promotion. Case in point: the new DX. Granted, it's a feud between Vince and HBK/HHH, Trips still has more than enough political clout to make what is and traditionally was honored as a main event feud in Cena vs. Edge, appear to be a sidenote. Sure, Triple H has bowed out of the title scene to make room for a budding star like Cena and Edge to develop as a headliner, but that doesn't change the fact that Trips is getting the best airtime, making him the focal point of the brand. You can't tell me Trips has stepped down as the puppet master backstage.

I don't care for him to be the focal point of the show, though I would say that the angle he's in at the moment couldn't help but be the main point considering who else is in it. You do have to admit that he has done a decent job of putting a few newer people over, while staying away from the strap and letting a nice number of guys try to carry the show (Batista, Orton, Cena, Edge, and RVD). He's still one of the head dogs backstage, but I really do think he's let off quite a bit in the past few years. The fact he's letting other people hold the title for more then a week at a time alone makes him a lot better then Jarrett.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:28 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:As for Trips, I don't necessarily think that his stepping out of the title scene is a sign that he's putting the company first. I think it's more between the lines of Trips realizing he doesn't need the strap to be the main draw of the promotion. Case in point: the new DX. Granted, it's a feud between Vince and HBK/HHH, Trips still has more than enough political clout to make what is and traditionally was honored as a main event feud in Cena vs. Edge, appear to be a sidenote. Sure, Triple H has bowed out of the title scene to make room for a budding star like Cena and Edge to develop as a headliner, but that doesn't change the fact that Trips is getting the best airtime, making him the focal point of the brand. You can't tell me Trips has stepped down as the puppet master backstage.

I don't care for him to be the focal point of the show, though I would say that the angle he's in at the moment couldn't help but be the main point considering who else is in it. You do have to admit that he has done a decent job of putting a few newer people over, while staying away from the strap and letting a nice number of guys try to carry the show (Batista, Orton, Cena, Edge, and RVD). He's still one of the head dogs backstage, but I really do think he's let off quite a bit in the past few years. The fact he's letting other people hold the title for more then a week at a time alone makes him a lot better then Jarrett.

Remember a couple of months back when Edge said he was "the forgotten man" on Raw despite holding the WWE title? He was basically shooting off of the booking staff there since at the time HBK vs. Vince got all the press. Under most circumstances, Edge would've been penalized harshly for making such a comment, but there is truth to what he said even if his words were treated as kayfabe. A big reason as to why Edge had been forgotten is for the most part from Vince, but the point is the DX angle is still treated as the main angle, with HHH, HBK, and Vince as the main components to that whereas it should've all been focused on the Edge/Cena feud. Vince vs. DX would've been a good supporting angle, rather than the main attraction.

I do admit that it's refreshing to see HHH put over the likes of Batista and Cena, let the likes of RVD and Edge have their moments in the top dog spot, and bypass the title scene altogether for a good while. It sure beats having every RAW show centered on Trips' obsession with capturing the title and sit like a fat cat when he does hold the strap.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:43 pm

off subject but, SUPER CRAZY IS AWSOME!

where did this guy come from? when he came out a few weeks ago and suprised the skinny guy chris masters i thought he was a joke. theyve really been giving him a nice push. he's been great so far.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:02 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:off subject but, SUPER CRAZY IS AWSOME!

where did this guy come from? when he came out a few weeks ago and suprised the skinny guy chris masters i thought he was a joke. theyve really been giving him a nice push. he's been great so far.

Super Crazy does rock. ;-D

If you caught ECW in the late 90's, then you'd be a little more familiar with Super Crazy. He had some great matches vs. Tajiri, Little Guido, and Jerry Lynn back then. Then when ECW started to fold, I recall him wrestling for XPW, which is based here in L.A. I'm glad they're giving Crazy a push, just like I'm thrilled London and Kendrick are playing a more prominent role on Smackdown. I really think WWE should promote the entire cruiserweight division more as it used to work in the last days of WCW and of course, it appeals now with TNA.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:13 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I really think WWE should promote the entire cruiserweight division more as it used to work in the last days of WCW and of course, it appeals now with TNA.

Pshhht ;-7 ......cruiserweights ;-7 ......might as well bring back the midget wrestlers. ;-7

:-b

I'd rather watch the Divas dance than watch most of the cruiserweights wrestle. :-D Heck, I'd rather watch midgets wrestle instead of the cruiserweights. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:34 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I really think WWE should promote the entire cruiserweight division more as it used to work in the last days of WCW and of course, it appeals now with TNA.

Pshhht ;-7 ......cruiserweights ;-7 ......might as well bring back the midget wrestlers. ;-7

:-b

I'd rather watch the Divas dance than watch most of the cruiserweights wrestle. :-D Heck, I'd rather watch midgets wrestle instead of the cruiserweights. :-b

WWE doesn't know how to promote cruiserweights. The pace of the match is better, more counters, crazy aerial moves, less holds, and less transitions which really drag the pace of the match. Cruiserweight wrestling is more of a smark's delight seeing how a lot of WWE marks just can't get into it.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk