Kurt Angle is a maniac. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kurt Angle is a maniac.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kurt Angle is a maniac.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:01 am

here's an exert of kurt angles fan appreciation blog he just wrote regarding his retirement that i thought was pretty amazing:

My last event was at the Westchester Arena in White Plains, New York. The show was sold out. The main event was me against RVD. I had a great match against RVD as the fans were cheering for both of us. The more we wrestled (Rob and I wrestle more of a realistic shoot style), the more I wanted to give them. Ten minutes into the match, I severely pulled my groin. Most wrestlers would have quit right on the spot. But the fans were chanting louder and louder "THIS MATCH RULES!" continuously, so I kept going. Compensating for my groin injury, I pulled my lower abdominal muscle off my pelvic bone. Now, I was in trouble, but I looked up at the fans and they were screaming louder than ever.

So Rob and I started into our finish, false finish after false finish, back and forth. But the one thing the fans noticed is that I was doing half of the match on one leg. That made it feel even more real for the fans. I can only thank God and the fans for keeping me going, as I was in so much pain. And at the end of the match, I had the opportunity to beat RVD. I set him up for the Angle Slam and Rob countered with a flying DDT. My hamstring blew out. The fans cheered and I could not move in the ring. As the agonizing pain grew greater, I could only look around. Every fan was on their feet giving me a standing ovation. And this was at a house show, not a PPV. My only regret was that I could not stand up and thank them all for it.

final tally?

severly pulled groin
pulled lower abdominal muscle directly off pelvic bone
blown out hamstring. 8-o

just amazing. angle is definetly one of the all time greats.

now haters please think of stories like this before completely blowing off wrestling. at least give these guys some credit.
Last edited by The Miner Part 2 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:14 am

there's not doubt that what these guys do takes a toll on the body. i think when people say wrestling is fake, they're talking about the horrible storylines and wrestling matches that already have known conclusions.

personally i can't stand wwe wrestling anymore...stopped watching it 9-10 years ago. ultimate fighting is where it's at ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:38 am

Old_Style wrote:i think when people say wrestling is fake, they're talking about the horrible storylines and wrestling matches that already have known conclusions.

Bingo. It's not that the wrestlers aren't great athletes or aren't dedicated to what they're doing; it's more that I prefer other forms of entertainment.

However, for the record, I was always a big Kurt Angle fan. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:43 am

davidmarver wrote:
Old_Style wrote:i think when people say wrestling is fake, they're talking about the horrible storylines and wrestling matches that already have known conclusions.

Bingo. It's not that the wrestlers aren't great athletes or aren't dedicated to what they're doing; it's more that I prefer other forms of entertainment.

However, for the record, I was always a big Kurt Angle fan. ;-D

well a lot of people dont give wrestlers credit for anything. they just think it's a silly form of nothingness. but that's not the point of any of this so im going to change the subject line so we can focus on kurt angles awsomness.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 am

It's sad to see that he has to go for awhile, but really he may need this. The fact he's been injured for as long as I can remember and his family was hurting because of that and just wrestling in general shows that he needed to take a bit of a break. I hate to say it, but he clearly was headed down a road that could only lead to his name being mentioned with the Eddie Guerrero's, Curt Henning's, Brian Pillman's, etc of the wrestling business.

Hopefully in a year or so he can come back with everything straightened out in his life and go back to putting on the best matches in the WWE.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:43 pm

Kurt was definitely one of my favorite wrestlers of the last 5 years. My 2 favorite Kurt Angle moments would be the "little cowboy" hat with Austin, and also Wrestlemania 17(I think) when he told the crowd in Texas that their freaking flag was missing 49 stars.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:35 pm

Kurt Angle is a Hall of Famer, no doubt about it. I believe he's already one on the Greco-Roman/freestyle/amateur or "real" wrestling circuit. But Angle's a trooper, a fine technical wrestler, and well, he's just the total package because he can carry a match and he really developed a personality over the six to seven years in the WWE. I've always liked Angle better as a heel, but even I believe the marks really respected the guy for his in-ring capabilities, much more so over the past year, I believe.

But I think it was time for Angle to retire from wrestling and he's done that. As most of you know, he's had neck problems (dating back to his days as a collegiate wrestler) and so, over the past few years, he has been prone to injury.

Pro wrestling is a grind, really, especially in the WWE. There was a time when they did 4 shows a week (RAW, Smackdown, and two house shows) and they have cut down one or two shows now with the brand extension. Personally, I believe the WWE should have a 1-2 month offseason because you look at the careers that have been cut short over time like Bret Hart and the late Eddie Guerrero, to name a few. That way, the product doesn't seem so stale and the wrestlers can recharge their batteries and spend some quality family time.

As for Angle the entertainer, I also liked the segments where he and Austin used to kiss Vince's behind, pretty much. One of my favorite moments was when Austin was playing "Kumbaya" to Vince on his guitar and then Angle volunteered to play a little ditty. Angle was singing Jimmy Crack Corn and after a while, he looked at his gold medal, and then he replaced the chorus with "I won olympic gold, I won olympic gold". Hilarious.

raiders_umpire wrote:My 2 favorite Kurt Angle moments would be the "little cowboy" hat with Austin, and also Wrestlemania 17(I think) when he told the crowd in Texas that their freaking flag was missing 49 stars.

Kurt Angle: "Oh yeah, lose the frickin' cowboy hats! You're not 8 years old anymore." (Don't remember that line word for word, but this was the little WM17 pre-match promo before his match with Benoit)
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Re: Kurt Angle is a maniac.

Postby BxBombers951 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:22 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:now haters please think of stories like this before completely blowing off wrestling. at least give these guys some credit.

the reason i cant watch wrestling anymore is because i cannot stand an hour and a half of talking and half an hour of fighting. also, its rare to have a full match cause now adays its all about the storyline, and 99% of the matches involving heels end in either DQ or interference. its frustrating. and i used to LOVE wrestling, u name the figure ive owned it.

now, i leave raw on while im on my comp and dont pay attention until jeff hardy comes on screen. not THATS entertainment
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Re: Kurt Angle is a maniac.

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:48 pm

BxBombers951 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:now haters please think of stories like this before completely blowing off wrestling. at least give these guys some credit.

the reason i cant watch wrestling anymore is because i cannot stand an hour and a half of talking and half an hour of fighting. also, its rare to have a full match cause now adays its all about the storyline, and 99% of the matches involving heels end in either DQ or interference. its frustrating. and i used to LOVE wrestling, u name the figure ive owned it.

now, i leave raw on while im on my comp and dont pay attention until jeff hardy comes on screen. not THATS entertainment

Go buy yourself a Ring Of Honor DVD. :-D Better yet, go to a ROH event if you live back east. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:12 pm

Have to admit I was a bit surprised to see him retire. I knew he wasn't happy moving over to ECW, and complained quite a bit about it. However, he did still put on a good show and I figured he'd just take some time off at some point to heal up. Didn't think he'd retire completely.

The cowboy hat thing was funny, but also when Angle tried to give the Undertaker a "sleek scooter" after drenching 'Taker's motorcycle in milk. That was funny too. :-b

Ah well, thanks for the memories Kurt, and enjoy the time with your family. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk