A New-Bee Girl's 2007 Rankings. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A New-Bee Girl's 2007 Rankings.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ab » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:13 am

I'd pick Hafner over Howard....that's just me, though.
ab
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:11 am

Not too bad - for me personally, I'd never take a closer within the first 3-4 rounds like some would be in your rankings.

Some names that look out of place:
Too Low:
Gomes
Iguchi
Dave Bush
Burnett
Eric Chavez
Kinsler
Cuddyer
Dunn
Wright
Cabrera

Too High:
Reyes
Crawford
Kazmir
Mauer
Podsednik
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby DevilDriver » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:54 am

Not sure why you put Chavez so low. He's been banged up since April and he's played through forearm tendinitis most of the year. He's definitely top 100 going into next season.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dannahann » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:44 pm

Very nice list. Like anyone else would I'd have them different. One that strikes me at the top end of this is Tex. You have 22 other HITTERS listed before him. I'd love to be able to get him then as I'm expecting mid 1st round numbers.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 65)

Postby schmidty » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:43 pm

I agree with most of the comments made so far. Another one is that Hideki Matsui is too low. Unless there's a reason to think he won't be back 100% from his injury next year. And considering his previous great health and work effort track record, the fluky nature of this injury, and the fact he's coming back this week, I don't see why not expect him to play at a high level. We'll have a better idea by the end of this season (which is a reason why doing these kinds of lists now seems a wasted effort to me at this point, unless you're just bored). For the last couple of years he's been around 30-40 overall. Anything below 50 would seem a steal for him (again, considering his rehab continues to go as planned).
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:06 pm

Wow, a comprehensive list for 2007 and we're only four days into September.

A few notes:

A-Rod deserves a top 5, at the very least, top 10 pick. He is at the point of his career where he is still capable of replicating 2005 and he's capable of putting your team on his back, which is especially important in H2H. Remember the point of drafting a first-rounder (and some people don't see it this way) is that you're putting your confidence squarely on that player to deliver when the rest of your team cannot.

I think David Ortiz is a top 5 draft pick despite the heart palpitations.

David Wright is at least a top 10 pick.

I would rank Hafner, Manny, and Howard in that order over Reyes and Crawford.

I'd rank Holliday and Ichiro way over Dye and A-Ram. Thome, Oswalt, and Andruw Jones deserve a bigger bump up too.

All in all, not a bad list for newbie, especially for a comprehensive list at this time of year when there's plenty of baseball to be played, but just needs a little more refinement here and there. Of course, your rankings will change here and there by season's end and during the offseason into Spring Training, and so, don't treat anything as an end-all, be-all list yet. Good stab at a rough estimate though.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:13 pm

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the cafe and thanks for putting in the time and effort to put up a list like that. It's also too early to be doing '07 rankings but whatever. I'm also assuming this is a non-keeper.

I'm not going to point out every thing, but here's a few things I noticed.. I will point out when a person needs to go up or down with the thumbs up ( ;-D ) or thumbs down ( :-t ).

Santana :-t couple spots
Reyes :-t
Ortiz ;-D
A-Rod ;-D
Wright ;-D
Morneau :-t I know he's been having a good year but not sold on him yet until he can show it over a couple of years.
Liriano :-t
Rivera ;-D should be up higher seeing the closers you put infront of him.
Sheffield/Matsui ;-D
Felix ;-D
Oswalt ;-D
Wang ;-D has had a great year and with some people you have infront of him he should go up
Ervin Santana ;-D
Rios ;-D
Cantu ;-D
Burnett ;-D
Francis ;-D
Gomes/Blanton ;-D

Didn't really look at everything. Just skimmed it, so I didn't look at everything. Just a few things I caught.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)

Postby Iconoclastic » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:21 pm

Are you a sizemore fan too? If so move him above Jason Bay.

Santana shouldn't go in the first round. It is standard to take a hitter in the first, barring the most pitcher friendly of scoring systems.

Pretty solid list, and welcome to the cafe.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:34 pm

Prior shouldn't even be on the top 1000
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:55 pm

Thank you all for welcoming me to the Cafe! I am very appriative for all your advice. I will say this about Rivera though, I don't view him as a top 5 closer anymore because of his K/IP rate. Way too many other closers K more batters & have just as good ERA & WHIP numbers.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers