Croc Hunter Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Croc Hunter Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:13 am

I see where AA is coming from but I also think the legacy the childs father leaves behind and the videos and movies are much more then many of us will ever have to remember our lost loved ones.

As for a dangerous profession I think that many of us choose dangerous professions and survive. Look at crab fisherman, extreme athletes, police officers in Camden New Jersey.

Its really not his fault for doing what he loved. The child may need therapy growing up but then again don't we all.

The accident was a freak accident. And he was a bit eccentric but I don't see him as careless. he knows exactly what he was doing.

Anyways I won't call him a great man or a legend but he seemed to be a good man and entertaining and he died doing what he loved.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:20 am

I also read that he is only 17th person in recorded history to die of a stingray attack, in addition to only the 3rd Australian. He didn't die provoking or filming the animal, but rather it was an accident. Perhaps I could understand the argument if he died wrestling a crocodile, but he didn't... he knew the risks involved in that and seemed to knowledgeable enough to take the right precautions. This was a freak accident.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:39 pm

Coppermine wrote:I also read that he is only 17th person in recorded history to die of a stingray attack, in addition to only the 3rd Australian.

You didn't read that in my post above did you? :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:47 pm

RynMan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I also read that he is only 17th person in recorded history to die of a stingray attack, in addition to only the 3rd Australian.

Damn it, I missed that! Sorry RynMan... I think I wikipedia'ed it actually, so who knows if it's true.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:03 am

Coppermine wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Damn it, I missed that! Sorry RynMan... I think I wikipedia'ed it actually, so who knows if it's true.

Yeah I actually wrote the Wikipedia article too.

Kidding. :-D

No worries dude, I only heard it from someone so my source is far less credible than yours. I'd believe it though.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:15 am

Image :,-(

i guess this pic is on ebay signed by his daughter bindi, all proceeds going to one of his foundations.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:58 am

Posted by Lennox in Entertainment (Wednesday September 20, 2006 at 5:50 am)
By Robert Gill

Irwin’s eight-year-old daughter Bindi delivered the most heartfelt message of the hour-long memorial, describing her father as the best in the world

A public memorial was held for Australia’s famous TV personality Steve Irwin in Australia Wednesday international celebrities, family friends and colleagues in attendance.

Irwin’s eight-year-old daughter Bindi delivered the most heartfelt message of the hour-long memorial, describing her father as the best in the world, Australian Broadcasting Corporation radio reported.

“My daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him,” she said.
“He listened to me and he taught me so many things. But most of all he was fun,” she said.

“I know that daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so that everybody would love wildlife like he did, ” she said, vowing to carry on her father’s legacy.

Thousands of people came to the Australia Zoo on the state of Queensland’s Sunshine Coast to pay homage to Irwin, known as the Crocodile Hunter, the name of a world-famous TV series he made about wildlife.

Irwin died after being attacked by a stingray while diving off Port Douglas in order to film a documentary on Sept. 4.

Irwin’s eight-year-old daughter Bindi delivered the most heartfelt message of the hour-long memorial, describing her father as the best in the world, Australian Broadcasting Corporation radio reported.

“He listened to me and he taught me so many things. But most of all he was fun,” she said.

“I know that daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so that everybody would love wildlife like he did, ” she said, vowing to carry on her father’s legacy.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard offered the nation’s sympathies to the Irwin family while addressing the memorial.

“My fellow Australians, we gather in this special place that Steve created to celebrate the life of a remarkable man and remarkable Australian,” he said.

“There are 20 million pairs of Australian arms reaching out to embrace you (the family) this morning,” he said.
The event began and ended with videotaped messages from friend, Hollywood star Russell Crowe, speaking from New York.

:,-(

I didn't see it last night, but a girl in the office did and said it was very moving.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Posted by Lennox in Entertainment (Wednesday September 20, 2006 at 5:50 am)
By Robert Gill

Irwin’s eight-year-old daughter Bindi delivered the most heartfelt message of the hour-long memorial, describing her father as the best in the world

A public memorial was held for Australia’s famous TV personality Steve Irwin in Australia Wednesday international celebrities, family friends and colleagues in attendance.

Thousands of people came to the Australia Zoo on the state of Queensland’s Sunshine Coast to pay homage to Irwin, known as the Crocodile Hunter, the name of a world-famous TV series he made about wildlife.

Irwin died after being attacked by a stingray while diving off Port Douglas in order to film a documentary on Sept. 4.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard offered the nation’s sympathies to the Irwin family while addressing the memorial.

“My fellow Australians, we gather in this special place that Steve created to celebrate the life of a remarkable man and remarkable Australian,” he said.

“There are 20 million pairs of Australian arms reaching out to embrace you (the family) this morning,” he said.
The event began and ended with videotaped messages from friend, Hollywood star Russell Crowe, speaking from New York.

:,-(

I didn't see it last night, but a girl in the office did and said it was very moving.

yea dude, i had a chance to watch the portion with bindi and i had to turn it off. just looking at pictures of all if it is sad enough. :,-(
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk