Croc Hunter Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Croc Hunter Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mad'sWife » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:15 pm

I thought he was wonderful for getting people interested in the environment and to start caring about saving wildlife.

It is a real shame that this tragedy happened, but at least he did die doing what he loved. My prayers go out to the family he left behind.

He will definitely be missed.
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.

The amount of work is the same.
Mad'sWife
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 294
Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fort Worth Tx

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:By the way, Miner, do you know why the lightside Irwin thread was deleted?


no i dont, i was wondering the same thing.



Too much mudslinging is why it went down, a lot of which you were involved with Miner.


never. im super quiet.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Old_Style » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:28 am

acsguitar wrote:So they were filming correct? Do you think the tape will ever leak out?


it's possible, seeing as one of his wishes if he were to ever die on camera was to have it publicized
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:18 am

Old_Style wrote:
acsguitar wrote:So they were filming correct? Do you think the tape will ever leak out?


it's possible, seeing as one of his wishes if he were to ever die on camera was to have it publicized


If he had that in writing I guess you respect that. I, for one, will not view it and I would hope his family chooses not to.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
acsguitar wrote:So they were filming correct? Do you think the tape will ever leak out?


it's possible, seeing as one of his wishes if he were to ever die on camera was to have it publicized


If he had that in writing I guess you respect that. I, for one, will not view it and I would hope his family chooses not to.


Yea I heard that he wanted it to be shown. Thats crazy...but it shows the dangers of animals and maybee it would save lives down the road somehow
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:48 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:So they were filming correct? Do you think the tape will ever leak out?


i sure hope not. it be the equivelant of seeing mr. rogers die to a lot of people.

and besides some things need to be sacred. seeing the mans last seconds of life is none of our buisness. IMVHAHOTYVM.


Yeah, I certainly hope they show some class and don't let that get out.


I agree...apparently the tape does show him pulling the barb out of his chest...eeek..

:-/


Especially if he said 'Crikeys!' or 'Blimey!' as he did it!! 8-o
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby BxBombers951 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:55 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:So they were filming correct? Do you think the tape will ever leak out?


i sure hope not. it be the equivelant of seeing mr. rogers die to a lot of people.

and besides some things need to be sacred. seeing the mans last seconds of life is none of our buisness. IMVHAHOTYVM.


Yeah, I certainly hope they show some class and don't let that get out.


I agree...apparently the tape does show him pulling the barb out of his chest...eeek..

:-/


Especially if he said 'Crikeys!' or 'Blimey!' as he did it!! 8-o


:-t
Image
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 651
Joined: 12 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Yankee Stadium

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:43 pm

BxBombers951 wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:So they were filming correct? Do you think the tape will ever leak out?


i sure hope not. it be the equivelant of seeing mr. rogers die to a lot of people.

and besides some things need to be sacred. seeing the mans last seconds of life is none of our buisness. IMVHAHOTYVM.


Yeah, I certainly hope they show some class and don't let that get out.


I agree...apparently the tape does show him pulling the barb out of his chest...eeek..

:-/


BOOOO

Especially if he said 'Crikeys!' or 'Blimey!' as he did it!! 8-o


:-t
:-t :-t :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby GrimZeke007 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8h6yXREbV0
The News from Australia, the full story.

RIP Steve Irwin. Only the good die young.
GrimZeke007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 811
Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby RynMan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:52 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:That's tragic. He made a DVD with the Wiggles and my kids have been fans of his ever since.

btw - has RynMan been around in the past day? :-?


Yeah dude. Pretty awful. It's amazing how hard this has hit so many people down here. More so where I am - Steve's wildlife park "Australia Zoo" is like 40 mins drive from here, so the state is pretty saddened by the news as he is a local guy.

He put Australia and Queensland on the map, and was a big spokesman for wildlife protection. It's a big blow all around. I feel awful for his family.

He was the third person to ever die from a stingray attack in Australia....and something like the 17th in the world. That's just horrible luck. Some of the crazy stuff he did, man it's actually surprising he wasn't killed earlier!

I wonder if they will leave his picture on signs for Australia Zoo plastered all around this city..... I hope so.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact