F. Liriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

F. Liriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hoopitup21212 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:43 pm

When in this case you would be holding the gas can on the left hand and the lighter on the right...... lol
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby clevername » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:05 pm

Sep 6 Liriano (elbow/forearm) threw 50 pitches during a three-inning simulated game on Wednesday, the Associated Press reports. "I have no pain, no soreness," Liriano said. "Everything is normal so far."

Recommendation: Liriano felt fine after the simulated start, and may rejoin the Twins' rotation next week. He'll next make a rehab outing with Triple-A Rochester on Saturday before returning to the Minnesota rotation on Sept. 13 or 14.

Right in time for my 2nd round following the bye this week.

On one hand, I look forward to him helping with 1 start next week and maybe 2-3 during the championship weeks...on the other, he's my keeper and I'd probably rather have him for all of next year with his arm attached.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eazyb81 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:40 pm

Oh fantastic, the guy I play next week in the playoffs has Liriano.

:~(
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby Hobbes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:04 pm

clevername wrote:Right in time for my 2nd round following the bye this week.

Same here. Good thing about him getting a start mid-week is that I could get three starts from him in the two-week finals, assuming I get past my 2nd-round matchup. Of course, they might have him pitch his starts on extended rest.

Still, I'm glad he's coming back. I don't think he is in any real danger of hurting himself for next season.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Splendid61 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:20 am

Saturday 9/9/06
WOW! WINGS WIN ON ONE-HITTER, OPEN CUP FINALS TUESDAY AT FRONTIER The Red Wings defeated Scranton/Wilkes-Barre 2-0 Saturday night, winning the best-of-five series three games to one. Rochester advances to the Governors Cup finals against Toledo, starting Tuesday night at Frontier Field. Francisco Liriano and Glen Perkins combined on a one-hitter, while Alex Romero and Tommy Watkins drove in the Wings runs. Tickets for the Cup finals Games One and Two - Tuesday and Wednesday night at Frontier - go on sale Sunday at the Frontier Field Ticket Office, open from 11 am to 3 pm. Tickets can also be ordered by phone Sunday at 423-WING (9464), and on-line at RedWingsBaseball.com. The scheduled 7:05 PM game began at 8:37 PM after a lengthy rain delay, with Twins left-hander Liriano on the mound making a injury rehab start. The Red Wings faced righty Jeremy Cummings, who no-hit the Wings last weekend in Rochester; Andres Torres quickly made sure Cummings' hitless streak wouldn't continue, by leading off with a base hit to open the game. Torres stole second but was later doubled off to end the inning on a line drive out by Quinton McCracken. Liriano was throwing all of his pitches in the first, and had a quick inning with a groundout and two strikeouts. The Wings added another hit in the second, but couldn't get on the board against Cummings. In the second, Liriano appeared unhittable, bookending another two strikeouts with a fly out to right field. Rochester posted a threat in the third, with two more singles and a walk loading the bases with two outs. Cummings faced the top hitter in the playoffs so far, Garrett Jones; Cummings won the duel, getting Jones on a sharp grounder to second base to end the inning. Liriano was on a pitch count for the evening, and hit Bobby Scales to start Scranton's at-bat in the third. What followed was a sequence that had to be seen to be believed, but we'll try to describe it here: with Scales on first, Jason Jaramillo hit a hard groundball up the middle that appeared to deflect off Liriano's foot, then over toward Wings shortstop Gil Velazquez. Velazquez, who was breaking to his left toward second base, stopped and moved to his right, falling down in the process - but grabbing the ball with his bare hand. From a sitting position Velazquez then tossed to Watkins covering second; Watkins caught the toss with his bare hand to force Scales at second. Liriano walked Ryan Fleming, but got the final two outs to finish his night having thrown 40 pitches - 25 for strikes. In the fourth inning Cummings retired Rochester in order for the first time. Rookie left-hander Perkins replaced Liriano in the bottom of the fourth, and struck out two Red Barons in a one-two-three inning.

http://www.redwingsbaseball.com/pressbox/gamecapSept.html

Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:18 am

He's back and hitting full stride. Cannot wait to use him this week.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby noles1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:03 pm

I want to start Liriano this week as well. I have read reports he may be limited to 60 pitches against Cleveland. Does anyone have any info on this. I worry he would get taken out before he could get a win....
noles1 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby boyz35 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:18 pm

noles1 wrote:I want to start Liriano this week as well. I have read reports he may be limited to 60 pitches against Cleveland. Does anyone have any info on this. I worry he would get taken out before he could get a win....

Even with other good options and knowing he's on a pitch count I'm gonna start him. He has 5 k's in 2 innings vs Oakland this season and a 0 ERA. Haren has a 5.25 ERA vs Minnesota so he should get run support.
boyz35
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hoopitup21212 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:17 pm

Well some of you said he wouldn't even come back. Well he's back now ;-D
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby checkers » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:32 pm

hoopitup21212 wrote:Well some of you said he wouldn't even come back. Well he's back now ;-D

yeah he's back w/ a bang.. then gone for the year .. LOL B-)
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates