F. Liriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

F. Liriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

F. Liriano

Postby Pstater71 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:23 pm

Has anyone heard when Liriano will be back in the rotation?
Pstater71 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: F. Liriano

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:46 pm

Pstater71 wrote:Has anyone heard when Liriano will be back in the rotation?

I don't think we'll see him again this year unless the Twins make the playoffs. Even then he won't go unless he's close to 100%.

Either way, his fantasy value should be minimal IMO.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Sunspot » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:24 am

No, they don't need to make the playoffs, they just need to stay in contention. All reports have been good so far, couple that with the fact that he has been through this same thing before and only missed 4 starts. If he doesn't feel any pain, we will see him soon. The question will be whether as a starter or a reliever? He could be one of the biggest fantasy playoff wild cards ever!
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:27 pm

From Rotoworld:Sep. 4 - 1:22 pm et
Francisco Liriano (elbow, shoulder) reported no problems throwing a 78-pitch bullpen session on Monday.

The next step is battiong practice Wednesday, then potentially a Triple-A game on Saturday. "He threw great," manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Everything went good. Wednesday he'll throw to some hitters and we'll see where we're at then. Get back home (Thursday) and make a decision on what we'll do next if everything goes good Wednesday."
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: F. Liriano

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:49 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:
Pstater71 wrote:Has anyone heard when Liriano will be back in the rotation?

I don't think we'll see him again this year unless the Twins make the playoffs. Even then he won't go unless he's close to 100%.

Either way, his fantasy value should be minimal IMO.

i agree

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Liriano

Postby hoopitup21212 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:00 pm

Well not because I own him in a keeper league and I could use him because the playoffs just started today, I just see him coming back. If he wasn't to come back then when he got injured there would have been more reports of Liriano being out for the remainder of the season. I could be totally wrong and that’s fine, but I'm voicing my opinion. Either way I just see him pitching one or two games with the Twins before the season is over. "No, they don't need to make the playoffs" that’s bull. You play to win let me remind you. I'm not a fan of the Twins and I'll tell you right now they are going for the playoffs just like any team in any division that has a shot.
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Pstater71 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:22 pm

From Yahoo:

"Sep 4 Updating an ongoing story, Joe Christensen, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Twins SP Francisco Liriano (elbow) is planning to pitch Saturday, Sept. 9, for Triple-A Rochester, provided his simulated game Wednesday, Sept. 6, goes well."

By the looks of things, the Twins seem like they are going to try to get Liriano back by next week.
Pstater71 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SwingandaMiss » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:54 pm

hell yeah he's gonna pitch again, if he doesn't feel any pain. the twins are fighting for that last wild card spot and liriano could be the player to put them over the top.....he'll come back, and it will be late next week.
SwingandaMiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Splendid61 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:33 am

Here's a date for you.

"Francisco Liriano got through a throwing session on Monday and said he felt great, according to the AP. "He threw great," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Everything went good. Wednesday he'll throw to some hitters and we'll see where we're at then." Liriano is shooting for a September 14 return."

http://www.rototimes.com/player_notes/mlb/4894

Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sunspot » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:23 am

I have Liriano and there is nothing more that I would like than to have him come and help me in the playoffs. It seems day by day they are testing him and he has passed them all, but I wonder what happens if he feels the slightest pain somewhere. If they treat him with baby gloves, he could be a gamble to start for your team even if they give him a clear starting date. Say he pitches 2 innings and leaves, that could kill you! Sorry for being sceptical on the matter, but I have been burned before. If he pitches well in his rehab, I will probably take the gamble and start him, but I feel I am balancing a gas can and a lighter here.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates