XBox 360 on Laptop - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

XBox 360 on Laptop

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

XBox 360 on Laptop

Postby KPucks » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:16 pm

Hey, does anyone know how to connect an XBox 360 to a laptop so that I can play it on my laptop screen. I have a TV Tuner on my laptop, and I thought I could do it through that w/ the S-Video cable, but it doesn't seem to work. I have XP Media Edition as well. Any help would be appreciated.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: XBox 360 on Laptop

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:48 pm

KPucks wrote:Hey, does anyone know how to connect an XBox 360 to a laptop so that I can play it on my laptop screen. I have a TV Tuner on my laptop, and I thought I could do it through that w/ the S-Video cable, but it doesn't seem to work. I have XP Media Edition as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Well how does your Xbox plug into the TV?

You would somehow have to plug in the xbox to the TV Tuner's COAX then plug the USB end of the tuner into the computer. Then run whatever program you use to watch TV.

So basically

XBOX to COAX INPUT of TV TUNER (where you'd plug in your cable)

I assume this would work probably wound't hurt to try.

Tell me if it works sounds interesting.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KPucks » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:
KPucks wrote:Hey, does anyone know how to connect an XBox 360 to a laptop so that I can play it on my laptop screen. I have a TV Tuner on my laptop, and I thought I could do it through that w/ the S-Video cable, but it doesn't seem to work. I have XP Media Edition as well. Any help would be appreciated.

You would somehow have to plug in the xbox to the TV Tuner's COAX then plug the USB end of the tuner into the computer. Then run whatever program you use to watch TV.

So basically

On the TV I use the A/V cables. My TV tuner is not USB, it goes in the Express Card Slot. It does have a thing w/ the A/V in cables and S-video cables, but when I plug my XBox 360 into those, there is no way to switch the output from the cable from the wall to the A/V cables
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:02 pm

KPucks wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

So basically

On the TV I use the A/V cables. My TV tuner is not USB, it goes in the Express Card Slot. It does have a thing w/ the A/V in cables and S-video cables, but when I plug my XBox 360 into those, there is no way to switch the output from the cable from the wall to the A/V cables

are the A/V input or output?? I assume they'd be output.

Anyways are it being USB shouldn't matter.

You need to get your AV cables on your xbox into an adapter that would go make the av turn into a coax

Something like this should work? Although I don't know what channel you would set your tuner too.

http://www.computercablestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1207
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to Video Games