Peavy's Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Peavy's Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CadensDad » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:51 am

Easily a 5th rounder, I'd even take him 2nd round in keeper leagues

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:09 am

He has been less than durable so far. Great pitcher when healthy, I do think his shoulder is bothering him.

Given the influx of new great pitchers, I'd probably pass on him next year. I can't deal with injuries to pitchers.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RASportsnut » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 am

Last night he only gave up two hits, one ER, 2 BB, and 14K. Can't ask for more than that.

Glad I have him. Picked him up about a month ago, after another owner gave up on him.
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:08 pm

I think Peavy could be underrated going into next season, given the lack of run support and given his stats across the board haven't been all that impressive. I could see him going in the 4th or 5th round. Nice bargain for a starter with the potential of becoming the NL's top ace.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby IllinoisBandit » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:11 pm

I agree with the last few posters. Late 4th to middle 5th is where I'd put his value. That being said I think he'll be grabbed early 4th most of the time in most decent leagues.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:24 pm

I don't care if you think he's going to suck again next year, he sucks while K'ing 10 guys per nine. That alone makes him a 4th-5th round pick in my books.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby XHendrix » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:27 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:I don't care if you think he's going to suck again next year, he sucks while K'ing 10 guys per nine. That alone makes him a 4th-5th round pick in my books.

Thats what I was thinking this entire year, it's a possiblilty that he'll give up a few homeruns, and make a couple of mistakes, but I atleast know he's gonna strike atleast 1 person out an inning.
XHendrix
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:39 pm

I moved Glavine for him at just the right moment at the break. Now I'm reaping the benefits. I would spend a 4th round pick on him, maybe earlier. He's the second-in-command on my staff as the ace behind Santana (and this is a staff with Weaver, Wang, Garland, Young, Hamels). I expect him to whiff 300 next year.
Skins fan through thick and thin
skinsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dipset » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:24 pm

Can someone please figure out what his average run support is seriously.... it was so so so low
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby XHendrix » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:35 pm

dipset wrote:Can someone please figure out what his average run support is seriously.... it was so so so low

I think peavy scored more runs for himself than his team. Maybee a little exaduration, but imho I think thats what screwed peavy up so badly in the beggenening of the year, him thinking that he needs to pitch a shutout to get a win.
XHendrix
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers