Joel Guzman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Joel Guzman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joel Guzman

Postby bigmex » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:23 am

What is his future with the Drays? looks like upton will play 3b, and that they like zobrist at ss. They have a stacked OF, and a good 2b in cantu. Would they move him to 1b? and can he Catch? lol
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:17 am

They plan on making Guzman a 1B when Lee leaves after this year. I'm not sure if they'll call him up this month though. Guzman has the tangibles to be a complete stud.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby hybrid » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:58 pm

Havok1517 wrote:They plan on making Guzman a 1B when Lee leaves after this year. I'm not sure if they'll call him up this month though. Guzman has the tangibles to be a complete stud.

Maybe you should stop liking him for his sake. It seems the more you like him the more he continues to do poorly. ;-7 :-b

But yeah, he has nowhere else to play except 1B/DH.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:09 pm

hybrid wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:They plan on making Guzman a 1B when Lee leaves after this year. I'm not sure if they'll call him up this month though. Guzman has the tangibles to be a complete stud.

Maybe you should stop liking him for his sake. It seems the more you like him the more he continues to do poorly. ;-7 :-b

But yeah, he has nowhere else to play except 1B/DH.

I'm just not blind to his goods. I could care less if he does badly the rest of the year. That won't make or break his career imo.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby hybrid » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:01 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I'm just not blind to his goods. I could care less if he does badly the rest of the year. That won't make or break his career imo.

Your more or less blind to his faults is all, and just look at his upside/potential. Of course it won't make or break his career, but it's telling about the prospect he is and the progress he is not making at all. He is a Rays prospect now afterall, I wish he would be great ... I just don't see it.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby shortsavage » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:47 pm

hybrid wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I'm just not blind to his goods. I could care less if he does badly the rest of the year. That won't make or break his career imo.

Your more or less blind to his faults is all, and just look at his upside/potential. Of course it won't make or break his career, but it's telling about the prospect he is and the progress he is not making at all. He is a Rays prospect now afterall, I wish he would be great ... I just don't see it.

Agreed. I was huge on Guzman going into 2005, but he just hasn't performed well enough at the upper levels of the minor leagues to keep a superstar label. Now, he doesn't even look like a potential All-Star.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Return to Minor League & College Baseball