Just reported that Papelbon left game w/ shoulder injury. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Just reported that Papelbon left game w/ shoulder injury.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Sox Nation » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:11 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:From Rotoworld:Sep. 5 - 9:03 pm et

An MRI on Jonathan Papelbon's shoulder revealed no major damage. The Red Sox are saying he experienced a slippage in his shoulder joint.

"Jonathan Papelbon continues to improve each day," Dr. Thomas Gill said in a statement. "Recent examination and testing are consistent with a transient subluxation event in the setting of a fatigued shoulder. After a period of rest, he will begin a shoulder strengthening program." The Red Sox didn't establish any sort of timetable for Papelbon's return. We're assuming that he'll miss at least the next two weeks, and unless the Red Sox are serious contenders by the middle of the month, there's a good chance he won't pitch again.

Poo. That means, he won't have a chance to break the Major League record for number of saves by a rookie. He only needed 3 more and 2 to tie.
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kage812004 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:10 pm

keep pap or drop him, i have him on 3 of my 4 teams and all my teams have a bye this week(yeah, im good, lol)

i need to figure this out within the next few days, couple other possible closers are available
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby idano » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:30 pm

i dropped him for valverde. 2+ weeks doesn't sound too promising, esp with the sox 6 games out right now. if they cut it to 2-3 games, then i might pick him up in a week or two, but i don't have a bye and have to win now. =P
idano
College Coach
College Coach

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:22 pm

From Rotoworld:Sep. 7 - 9:27 am et
Jonathan Papelbon said he will not pitch again unless the Red Sox are in contention and he's completely healthy.

``If we get back in this race and the doctors and trainers and me, all together, feel I'm 100 percent, I'm going to come back," he said. ``But if one of us feels I'm 95 percent, I'm not coming back. I'm not coming back unless we all think I'm 100 percent." From the horse's mouth himself. It looks like Papelbon is done for 2006 unless the Red Sox can find some serious magic soon. Mike Timlin looks like a safe bet for the rest of the year.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby devastor » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:43 am

StarsNPinstripes wrote:From Rotoworld:Sep. 7 - 9:27 am et
Jonathan Papelbon said he will not pitch again unless the Red Sox are in contention and he's completely healthy.

``If we get back in this race and the doctors and trainers and me, all together, feel I'm 100 percent, I'm going to come back," he said. ``But if one of us feels I'm 95 percent, I'm not coming back. I'm not coming back unless we all think I'm 100 percent." From the horse's mouth himself. It looks like Papelbon is done for 2006 unless the Red Sox can find some serious magic soon. Mike Timlin looks like a safe bet for the rest of the year.

GREAT!! So it looks like I am dropping him. Anyone think otherwise?
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tomkatt » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:57 pm

devastor wrote:

I dropped him a couple days ago.
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:07 pm

tomkatt wrote:
devastor wrote:

I dropped him a couple days ago.

Doh I think I need to drop him now
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates