Nook Logan traded, Tata/Santiago called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Nook Logan traded, Tata/Santiago called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nook Logan traded, Tata/Santiago called up

Postby Dannomyte » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:16 pm

Nook traded to Washington

DETROIT -- The Tigers traded Nook Logan to Washington for a player to be named. Logan had been designated for assignment a couple of days ago, and the Tigers would no doubt have lost him on waivers if they hadn't traded him. No word on the player to be named, but you can be sure it's not too significant a player.

Santiago, Tata join Tigers today

DETROIT -- The Tigers announced their first two callups, and said Ramon Santiago and Jordan Tata will join the team tonight from Triple-A Toledo.

Santiago is just what the Tigers need. Another SS/2B that can't hit!
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nook Logan traded, Tata/Santiago called up

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:13 am

Dannomyte wrote:

DETROIT -- The Tigers traded Nook Logan to Washington for a player to be named. Logan had been designated for assignment a couple of days ago, and the Tigers would no doubt have lost him on waivers if they hadn't traded him. No word on the player to be named, but you can be sure it's not too significant a player.

DETROIT -- The Tigers announced their first two callups, and said Ramon Santiago and Jordan Tata will join the team tonight from Triple-A Toledo.

At the very least, it has become clear that Santiago is better than Neifi, not that that's saying very much. Since Santiago and Perez are so similar, I would love to see Ryan Raburn get a look instead of both of those players. Defense isn't the name of Raburn's game, but he can outhit either one.

BTW, Nook Logan actually started for Washington already. I've heard that organization has liked Nook for a while, but I didn't know they liked him that much.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Nook Logan traded, Tata/Santiago called up

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:22 am

mcqfesijiba wrote:
Dannomyte wrote:

At the very least, it has become clear that Santiago is better than Neifi, not that that's saying very much. Since Santiago and Perez are so similar, I would love to see Ryan Raburn get a look instead of both of those players. Defense isn't the name of Raburn's game, but he can outhit either one.

BTW, Nook Logan actually started for Washington already. I've heard that organization has liked Nook for a while, but I didn't know they liked him that much.

Saw a blurb in Friday's Freep(?) about how Nook asked to be traded. So the Tigers complied. Good luck Nook, prove us wrong. A nice guy wish him nothing but well.

As for Santiago, I can only hope that Leyland wakes up and sees what a joke Nefi Perez is in time. I fear that with Guillen's leg injury Leyland will insert the living, breathing, example of how DD should only be responsible for getting pitchers, into the everyday line-up. There is no justifyable reason for the Tigers to waste the $$$$ on Perez. Santiago looks like Sorianon compared to Iffy Perez.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:46 am

Well, now Kevin Hooper is up with the team. Another player in the Santiago mold....
Apparently Neifi Perez isn't at 100% right now, so we needed a suitable replacement...
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Detroit Tigers