Crank - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Crank

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:49 pm

This movie looks ridiculous and silly to me. I only opened the topic b/c I thought it was about Crank magazine - the best magazine I've ever read.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:19 am

I thought it looked interesting, but I just can't get past the fact that the lead actor has never been in a good movie (unless you're into mindless action movies with ridiculous plots).
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:18 pm

JTWood wrote:I thought it looked interesting, but I just can't get past the fact that the lead actor has never been in a good movie (unless you're into mindless action movies with ridiculous plots).

I liked the Italian Job. ;-D
And Cellular wasn't bad.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:36 pm

Man, the point is that this is a ridiculous action movie. Did anyone see The Transporter? Statham has a huge following because of that dumb movie... I mean seriously, did you see it? He's like killing guys with his shirt and there's this one part where he has to fight guys on an oil slick in a warehouse (don't ask) so to run around in the oil, he sticks his feet in bicycle pedals and breaks them off.

But come on guys, don't be movie snobs like I used to be... I thought it was entertaining. These movies aren't supposed to be good and as far as action movies go, Crank has been getting some good reviews.

And Cellular was garbage, but it was supposed to be.

In other news, this movies mostly sucks according to people. Oh well, I guess movies without a moral are doomed to death.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:29 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:
JTWood wrote:I thought it looked interesting, but I just can't get past the fact that the lead actor has never been in a good movie (unless you're into mindless action movies with ridiculous plots).

I liked the Italian Job. ;-D
And Cellular wasn't bad.

Yeah, for me, both of those fell into my previous description. The Italian Job was okay, but I would have been pissed if I'd paid money to see it at the theater. I like Cellular enough, but I couldn't get past Kim Bassinger's terrible, terrible acting.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:54 pm

I thought Cellular was a great movie. We weren't expecting much, but we really enjoyed it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:13 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I thought Cellular was a great movie. We weren't expecting much, but we really enjoyed it.

I agree actually; Cellular was so dumb, but simply because it was supposed to be... the dumb kid, the bad acting by Basinger, the ridiculous Statham character and the ambiguously gay cop William H. Macy all tied up to make an entertaining action flick simply because it didn't take itself too seriously.

Tonight my girlfriend talked me out of Crank and into Little Miss Sunshine. I hate to admit that I loved it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:36 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I thought Cellular was a great movie. We weren't expecting much, but we really enjoyed it.

I agree actually; Cellular was so dumb, but simply because it was supposed to be... the dumb kid, the bad acting by Basinger, the ridiculous Statham character and the ambiguously gay cop William H. Macy all tied up to make an entertaining action flick simply because it didn't take itself too seriously.

Tonight my girlfriend talked me out of Crank and into Little Miss Sunshine. I hate to admit that I loved it.

Not to mention the song sinnerman that I immediately downloaded and listened to continuously, even though I would normally never listen to something like that.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby perlick29 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:50 pm

As the only one to have seen the movie... It was FANTASTIC.

Non-stop action and it was also extremely funny. I honestly thought that this was one of the better movies I've seen all year. I also like Statham a lot from his past movies but this wasn't truly a rip off Speed. Let's just say he does a lot of diverse things to keep his adrenaline going so as not to spoil anything. My favorite line of the whole movie could never make it on this website so I wont even bother.

If you guys dont want to pay to see it then definitely rent it when it come out. I honsetly loved it. It was tons of fun, even my girlfriend liked it.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:14 pm

Coppermine wrote:

I saw Little Miss Sunshine as well, when the paper incorrectly advertised having The Descent at the time. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and found it very funny.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk