Improvements and sleepers for 2007? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Improvements and sleepers for 2007?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cordscords » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:04 pm

I'd also like to add Cano to this list.

I can see .315, 20 HR, 10 SB next year.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Geek » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Surfs up wrote:I thought the poster said SLEEPERS ? Bonderman ? Teixeria ? Hmmm 8-o

Teixeira will be a bounce-back guy. People will see low 30's in HR's, and forget that he hit 20+ in the second half.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gfantasy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:39 pm

Kurtangletn wrote:I predict a Cy Young type season for Bonderman next year.

Somone like Josh Beckett, who has too good of stuff to have such a high era next year might rebound, and if he does he will go real late.

Felix the King? Yep I'll be having an eye on him, bound to go a lot later this year I'd say he does better next year..

Johnny Gomes? Its probably worth a late pick if he can do what he did in the start of the season, and this time SELL HIGH!

Jake Peavy, I'm not sold on him as anyhing higher then a 4-6 round pick, but he'll probably go higher in most leagues, but if not hes a good buy low.

Morgan Ensberg? Had a terrible year, still walked though. Worth a late pick, as long as you have a backup plan in mind if he does bomb agian..

Andy Pettite- Hes a odd player, one year he is lights out the next he is sporting a nasty upper 4 era. I'd watch what team he goes to, if he goes to a NL team, hes definatly worth a good pick. Not sure what he could do in the AL though.

Freddy Sanchez- Unlike the other guys he has had a career year, and might win the NL batting title. He is great for leagues that count doubles, but no real impact stats besides the average.

Willy Mo Pena- most likely be the starting RF for the Boston Red Sox, he only has around 220 Abs this year, but has proven he wants to do more then hit HRs every AB. Look for a improvement in average, power. Should be a very good late round steal.

I'd avoid

Josh Johnson, yes he will probably finish the year with the best era but I don't think he has the "stuff" to do it next year.

Bronson Arroyo, I think he has just been straight up lucky all year.

Mike Mussina, I think he goes top 3 round next year, and I'm not too ready to accept that quite yet (could be wrong)

Mike Lowell- I doubt he goes too high, but if he is late fine, he suprised everyone by rebounding, maybe even himself.

I dont think you can discount someone who may finish the season the best era. I hope everyone thinks of Johnson like you - hopefully I can steal him in next year's draft.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Doughhead » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:51 pm

My favourite value pick will be John Patterson. This guy was lights out in 2005 and started off well before injuries derailed his 2006. Most guys will be reluctant to reach for a guy who is coming off a major injury and who hasn't put up big numbers on a consistent basis in the past. But if he's healthy, he could be a great #2 and be had very late.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby cordscords » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:01 am

gfantasy wrote:I dont think you can discount someone who may finish the season the best era. I hope everyone thinks of Johnson like you - hopefully I can steal him in next year's draft.

Look around the last few years and check pitchers era's with johnsons whip and the recent history of young pitchers dominating their rookie year only to struggle the next. Johnson is a guy I want 0 part of next year.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:05 am

What about Markakis? His overall numbers won't stand out come the end of the year, but he has earned a spot in the 3 hole for the Orioles this year, and he seems to be the real deal. OF isn't as deep as it used to be, and I feel like Markakis could be a .310/30/100 guy.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby XHendrix » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:13 am

I havnt heard any1 talk about Delmon young, he'll be a nice 5 tool guy next season.
XHendrix
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:13 am

StudentOfTheGame wrote:What about Markakis? His overall numbers won't stand out come the end of the year, but he has earned a spot in the 3 hole for the Orioles this year, and he seems to be the real deal. OF isn't as deep as it used to be, and I feel like Markakis could be a .310/30/100 guy.

I think the HR projection is high, but I do like him as a late round sleeper next year.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby johnsamo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:55 am

Howie Kendrick and King Felix... But keeper leagues, sell your soul for Felix, a kidney for Kendrick. They might need one more years seasons to really hit their stride, but when they do, they'll be tops in their postitions.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dipset » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:30 am

delmon young
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers