Improvements and sleepers for 2007? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Improvements and sleepers for 2007?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Philly Pride » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:16 pm

Luke Scott has been great for Houston lately since winning some PT. I think he and Chris Burke could be excellent sleepers if they get full-time gigs in '07.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby hayseed » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:35 pm

Alex Rodriguez, if he slips out of the top five picks.
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

sleep sleep

Postby timotao21 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:49 pm

hes probably been mentioned already but i really like Howie Kendrick. if hes not doing well enough this year, he will be a stud next year.

i also thing Big Tex will break out (again) next year and put this year behind him. hes just too good and too young.

o yeah

and King Felix is a stud.
give him a couple more years and he'll be rollin with the AL's big dogs.
timotao21 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TB13 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:06 pm

Felix, Hamels, Cain & Billingsley from the 'yoots.

I like for E. Santana & Bonderman to take another step forward. Ditto for Wang.

From the hitters, I have a pair of Rockies to tout in Holliday and Atkins. Both have hit a good amount of doubles and not the Brian Roberts-type of doubles. I look for Holliday to pass Bay on the overall depth charts. Atkins coudl be the most underappreciated player in fantasy baseball.

Oh, and Putz & Gonzo from the relivers corps.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: sleep sleep

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:23 pm

timotao21 wrote:hes probably been mentioned already but i really like Howie Kendrick. if hes not doing well enough this year, he will be a stud next year.

i also thing Big Tex will break out (again) next year and put this year behind him. hes just too good and too young.

o yeah

and King Felix is a stud.
give him a couple more years and he'll be rollin with the AL's big dogs.

Apparently a new supply of that King Flop Kool-Aid was found and distributed to fantasy players again. I took a round 11 chance on him this year ans am not going to repeat that mistake. Pitchers are way too unpredictable. Just ask Oliver Perez and Jake Peavy owners.

Now for guys you should target for good value in 2007:

Kent ;-D
Tex ;-D (though I still have my doubts)
Drew
H. Matsui
Sheffield
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:38 pm

Pitchers:
1. Felix Hernandez- Should win 15 games or more with close to 200 K's & an ERA under 4. Can probably get him cheaper after his sub par season this year. If he falls past round 7 or 8 grab him.

2. Matt Cain- Has the ability to be a top 10 pitcher. I think he'll get 12-15 wins with the weak Giants lineup, with 180-190 K's & an ERA around 3.50 & a whip around 1.20

3. C.C. Sabathia- Tribe will be better next year, and I can see him getting around 18 wins. He'll strike out almost a batter an inning, should end up with 175-185 K's. He'll probably have an ERA a dash over 3 and a whip a dash over 1. Should be a CY Young Candidate.

4. Scott Olsen- Has been on fire since the break, and I think he could be a poor mans King Felix next year. Around 12-15 wins with 160-180 K's.

5. Dontrelle Willis- You might be able to get him cheap. I have seen some people ranking him around 25th-30th in next years SP rankings. I think the Marlins will be good next year and he should get his 13-18 wins, 140-160 K's, an an ERA in the mid 3's.

6. Kelvim Escobar- He should get around 150 K's and 13 wins with a very good ERA and WHIP numbers around 3.30 and 1.20.

7. Jason Jennings- He is finally reaching his potential. The Rockies should win 80-85 games next year, and Jennings with any luck could have 15-18 wins. Coors is no longer a hitters park like it once was, and Jennings ERA and whip numbers could be around 3.20/1.10 respectivly.

8. Greg Maddux- You can probably take him in the last 3 or 4 rounds. He is going to get your atleast 13-15 wins every year if not more. He's won 15 games or more 16 or 17 straight seasons. He dosn't K a lot of batters, and his ERA and WHIP arn't anything to write home about, but if you play him in favorible matchups you can probably get away with about 10 wins and a good ERA and WHIP.

9. Cole Hamels- He's been great the past 6 weeks, and is K-ing over a batter an inning this year. With 180 innings pitched or so next year he could K almost 200 batters. With that dangerous Phillies lineup, he could pick up 14-15 wins as well. Think of him as next years Scott Kazmir.

10. Chad Billingsly- In his last 30 innings pitched, he is 3-0 with a 1.50 ERA & 25 K's. He could emerge as the Dodgers best starter next year, with 16 wins or so and a 3.20ish ERA.

Hitters:

1. Carl Crawford- People are no longer veiwing him as a 1st round option, instead middle to late 2nd round for some reason. With B.J. Upton and Delmon Young playing full time, and if either Johnny Gomes or Jorge Cantu even approach what they did in 2005, the D-Rays lineup is going to be twice as good. This of Crawford in 2007 of Jose Reyes in 2006.

2. Grady Sizemore- Based on the "is grady sizemore overated" thread, you can STEAL this guy in the 3rd or 4th. He will play like an early 2nd round pick next year. I think he'll approach 30/30 while scoring 130 in that tribe lineup.

3. Mark Teahen- Don't sleep on him again if you didn't get him this year. Has serious 30 home run 100 RBI potential next year.

4. Tru- Let the bashing begin. He has played fantastic since the All-Star Break, and in his last 100 at bats he has went deep 8 times while driving in 18 runs. He'll finish the season with 20 home runs and 75 RBI with 10 SB to boot. Next year I see somewhere around 28 home runs and 95 RBI. Oh, its tru, it's da#n tru!

5. Mike Cameron- Never gets any attention anywhere; you can probably get him from the 15th to 20th round. And we are talking about a guy that is going to go 25/25 this season with 90 runs and 80 RBI. Use a late pick on him next year and expect close to 30 jacks and over 20 stolen bases with a respectible .250-.275 average.
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:42 pm

anthony reyes. kind of flopped in his debut so may get forgotten. may also be overlooked in favor of wainwright. i still think reyes can pitch reasonably well and should collect a decent amount of wins as cardinal pitchers tend to do.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:4. Tru- Let the bashing begin. He has played fantastic since the All-Star Break, and in his last 100 at bats he has went deep 8 times while driving in 18 runs. He'll finish the season with 20 home runs and 75 RBI with 10 SB to boot. Next year I see somewhere around 28 home runs and 95 RBI. Oh, its tru, it's da#n tru!

Hey, hey, that "Tru before A-Rod in 2007" campaign is my idea. Patent pending. ;-7
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Iconoclastic » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:37 pm

Chris Young- the rookie OF. I'm not sure if he'll still be eligible as a rookie next year but if he is he's talented and ready enough to win the ROY. He should do as well as Mike Cameron next year, which is no small feat for his first full season. He'll improve from that as well into an eventual perennial 35-30 guy so he'll be worth every penny in a keeper league. Very underrated uber prospect- almost as good as Delmon Young and a definite keeper.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: sleep sleep

Postby Old_Style » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:56 pm

timotao21 wrote:hes probably been mentioned already but i really like Howie Kendrick. if hes not doing well enough this year, he will be a stud next year.

with a shallow pool for 2B's in next years draft kendrick should be a nice mid draft pickup.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers