Improvements and sleepers for 2007? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Improvements and sleepers for 2007?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Geek » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 pm

cordscords wrote:
Geek wrote:Teixeira.

Seriously, I hope people in my league don't check his splits to find out he's already hit 15 since the break 8-o

Shhhhhhhhh! :-D
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:55 pm

Bonderman will emerge as a true star.

And if Ryan Church ever figures out how to lay of of soft breaking ball, he's a guy too.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:02 pm

A pair of lefties get my vote.

Finishing the season strong and poised for a breakout are:

Jeff Francis
Scott Olsen
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Surfs up » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:09 am

I thought the poster said SLEEPERS ? Bonderman ? Teixeria ? Hmmm 8-o
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 196)

Postby Old_Style » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:24 am

Surfs up wrote:I thought the poster said SLEEPERS ? Bonderman ? Teixeria ? Hmmm 8-o

Improvements and Sleepers for '07 is the name of the thread
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:31 am

I like the look of Chuck James, Pettitte and Lowe for next year. Just a few guys off the top of my head.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Kurtangletn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:31 am

I predict a Cy Young type season for Bonderman next year.

Somone like Josh Beckett, who has too good of stuff to have such a high era next year might rebound, and if he does he will go real late.

Felix the King? Yep I'll be having an eye on him, bound to go a lot later this year I'd say he does better next year..

Johnny Gomes? Its probably worth a late pick if he can do what he did in the start of the season, and this time SELL HIGH!

Jake Peavy, I'm not sold on him as anyhing higher then a 4-6 round pick, but he'll probably go higher in most leagues, but if not hes a good buy low.

Morgan Ensberg? Had a terrible year, still walked though. Worth a late pick, as long as you have a backup plan in mind if he does bomb agian..

Andy Pettite- Hes a odd player, one year he is lights out the next he is sporting a nasty upper 4 era. I'd watch what team he goes to, if he goes to a NL team, hes definatly worth a good pick. Not sure what he could do in the AL though.

Freddy Sanchez- Unlike the other guys he has had a career year, and might win the NL batting title. He is great for leagues that count doubles, but no real impact stats besides the average.

Willy Mo Pena- most likely be the starting RF for the Boston Red Sox, he only has around 220 Abs this year, but has proven he wants to do more then hit HRs every AB. Look for a improvement in average, power. Should be a very good late round steal.

I'd avoid

Josh Johnson, yes he will probably finish the year with the best era but I don't think he has the "stuff" to do it next year.

Bronson Arroyo, I think he has just been straight up lucky all year.

Mike Mussina, I think he goes top 3 round next year, and I'm not too ready to accept that quite yet (could be wrong)

Mike Lowell- I doubt he goes too high, but if he is late fine, he suprised everyone by rebounding, maybe even himself.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:31 am

Pair of rooks: Cain and Hamels.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:32 am

I'd love to have Teix, Cain, Pettitte, BJ Upton and a whole list of others on my team next season.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:44 am

Kurtangletn wrote:I predict a Cy Young type season for Bonderman next year.

Somone like Josh Beckett, who has too good of stuff to have such a high era next year might rebound, and if he does he will go real late.

Felix the King? Yep I'll be having an eye on him, bound to go a lot later this year I'd say he does better next year..

Johnny Gomes? Its probably worth a late pick if he can do what he did in the start of the season, and this time SELL HIGH!

Jake Peavy, I'm not sold on him as anyhing higher then a 4-6 round pick, but he'll probably go higher in most leagues, but if not hes a good buy low.

Morgan Ensberg? Had a terrible year, still walked though. Worth a late pick, as long as you have a backup plan in mind if he does bomb agian..

Andy Pettite- Hes a odd player, one year he is lights out the next he is sporting a nasty upper 4 era. I'd watch what team he goes to, if he goes to a NL team, hes definatly worth a good pick. Not sure what he could do in the AL though.

Freddy Sanchez- Unlike the other guys he has had a career year, and might win the NL batting title. He is great for leagues that count doubles, but no real impact stats besides the average.

Willy Mo Pena- most likely be the starting RF for the Boston Red Sox, he only has around 220 Abs this year, but has proven he wants to do more then hit HRs every AB. Look for a improvement in average, power. Should be a very good late round steal.

I'd avoid

Josh Johnson, yes he will probably finish the year with the best era but I don't think he has the "stuff" to do it next year.

Bronson Arroyo, I think he has just been straight up lucky all year.

Mike Mussina, I think he goes top 3 round next year, and I'm not too ready to accept that quite yet (could be wrong)

Mike Lowell- I doubt he goes too high, but if he is late fine, he suprised everyone by rebounding, maybe even himself.

Excellent post, agree with everything you said :-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers