Drinkin' the kool-aid - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drinkin' the kool-aid

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:17 pm

Erm, I'm drinking the A-Rod Kool-Aid even if it's spiked with a little vodka. ;-D

A-Rod is a legitimate top 5 pick in my mind. An off-year in 2004 and what looks to be an off-year in 2006 (which could be offset by a September outburst) could very well put some doubts there. A-Rod should surpass his HR/RBI numbers of '04 with ease especially at the rate he's been on for today and the past week. I would take that downer of a stat line any day when he is still capable of duplicating '05. One last tear would just seal that.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:12 am

Let's not make this another Arod discussion.

Anyway, I'm sipping the Nick Swisher kool-aid. His average dropped so far due largely in part to food poisoning and illness that caused him to lose a good 15 pounds. Also, Kazmir, Martin, LaRoche, and Haren.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:42 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Erm, I'm drinking the A-Rod Kool-Aid even if it's spiked with a little vodka. ;-D

A-Rod is a legitimate top 5 pick in my mind. An off-year in 2004 and what looks to be an off-year in 2006 (which could be offset by a September outburst) could very well put some doubts there. A-Rod should surpass his HR/RBI numbers of '04 with ease especially at the rate he's been on for today and the past week. I would take that downer of a stat line any day when he is still capable of duplicating '05. One last tear would just seal that.

:-t
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:44 am

Give me some of that Matt Cain & Scott Olsen Kool-Aid, and top it off with some Delmon Young and Chris Young!
Last edited by GradysBaby13 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:45 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:
Doughhead wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
Geek wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Anybody who thinks Ryan Howard will be available in the second round next year is drinking more than kool-aid. He will be a consensus top 5 pick in all formats by March...guarenteed.

Three 1b's in the top five?

Highly doubtful.

1. Soriano and Pujols and Ortiz will all be consensus top-5's. As will Carlos Beltran in all likelihood.

2. Then there's Manny, Santana, and A-Rod.

Unless it's Pujols or somebody has fallen further than they should, I'll wait a few rounds and take someone like Giambi or Teixeira.

I take Howard before Manny, ARod and probably Soriano.

Good luck next year, buddy. Hope that works out for ya.

Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!

I guess I'm stupid too, because I've got howard in my top 5-8 with only Pujols, Soriano, Beltran, Vladdy & Santana before him.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:47 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Erm, I'm drinking the A-Rod Kool-Aid even if it's spiked with a little vodka. ;-D

:-t

:-?

Why is everybody so agaisnt ARod? He's been basically the top hitter of the decade (maybe below Bonds and Manny), with a extremely high ceiling, and a very low floor (as you can see by his season this year). He's still definitely a first round pick, and I'd definitely take him in the top 5 picks still.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:51 am

Doughhead wrote:Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!

Agreeded. Atkis is hitting 40 points higher than A-Rod; he has a higher slugging percentage than A-Rod, more hits, twice as many doubles, a higher OBP, a higher OPS; and only 6 fewer runs & RBI than A-Rod.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:18 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!

Agreeded. Atkis is hitting 40 points higher than A-Rod; he has a higher slugging percentage than A-Rod, more hits, twice as many doubles, a higher OBP, a higher OPS; and only 6 fewer runs & RBI than A-Rod.

An off season doesn't make arod overrated.

30 Hr's 100 rbi's with a month to go get out of here with your overrated talk. he's the youngest player to 450 hr's ever
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers