Drinkin' the kool-aid - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drinkin' the kool-aid

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:17 pm

Erm, I'm drinking the A-Rod Kool-Aid even if it's spiked with a little vodka. ;-D

A-Rod is a legitimate top 5 pick in my mind. An off-year in 2004 and what looks to be an off-year in 2006 (which could be offset by a September outburst) could very well put some doubts there. A-Rod should surpass his HR/RBI numbers of '04 with ease especially at the rate he's been on for today and the past week. I would take that downer of a stat line any day when he is still capable of duplicating '05. One last tear would just seal that.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:12 am

Let's not make this another Arod discussion.

Anyway, I'm sipping the Nick Swisher kool-aid. His average dropped so far due largely in part to food poisoning and illness that caused him to lose a good 15 pounds. Also, Kazmir, Martin, LaRoche, and Haren.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:42 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Erm, I'm drinking the A-Rod Kool-Aid even if it's spiked with a little vodka. ;-D

A-Rod is a legitimate top 5 pick in my mind. An off-year in 2004 and what looks to be an off-year in 2006 (which could be offset by a September outburst) could very well put some doubts there. A-Rod should surpass his HR/RBI numbers of '04 with ease especially at the rate he's been on for today and the past week. I would take that downer of a stat line any day when he is still capable of duplicating '05. One last tear would just seal that.

:-t
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:44 am

Give me some of that Matt Cain & Scott Olsen Kool-Aid, and top it off with some Delmon Young and Chris Young!
Last edited by GradysBaby13 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:45 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:
Doughhead wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
Geek wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Anybody who thinks Ryan Howard will be available in the second round next year is drinking more than kool-aid. He will be a consensus top 5 pick in all formats by March...guarenteed.

Three 1b's in the top five?

Highly doubtful.

1. Soriano and Pujols and Ortiz will all be consensus top-5's. As will Carlos Beltran in all likelihood.

2. Then there's Manny, Santana, and A-Rod.

Unless it's Pujols or somebody has fallen further than they should, I'll wait a few rounds and take someone like Giambi or Teixeira.

I take Howard before Manny, ARod and probably Soriano.

Good luck next year, buddy. Hope that works out for ya.

Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!

I guess I'm stupid too, because I've got howard in my top 5-8 with only Pujols, Soriano, Beltran, Vladdy & Santana before him.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:47 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Erm, I'm drinking the A-Rod Kool-Aid even if it's spiked with a little vodka. ;-D

:-t

:-?

Why is everybody so agaisnt ARod? He's been basically the top hitter of the decade (maybe below Bonds and Manny), with a extremely high ceiling, and a very low floor (as you can see by his season this year). He's still definitely a first round pick, and I'd definitely take him in the top 5 picks still.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:51 am

Doughhead wrote:Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!

Agreeded. Atkis is hitting 40 points higher than A-Rod; he has a higher slugging percentage than A-Rod, more hits, twice as many doubles, a higher OBP, a higher OPS; and only 6 fewer runs & RBI than A-Rod.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:18 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!

Agreeded. Atkis is hitting 40 points higher than A-Rod; he has a higher slugging percentage than A-Rod, more hits, twice as many doubles, a higher OBP, a higher OPS; and only 6 fewer runs & RBI than A-Rod.

An off season doesn't make arod overrated.

30 Hr's 100 rbi's with a month to go get out of here with your overrated talk. he's the youngest player to 450 hr's ever
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers