Drinkin' the kool-aid - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drinkin' the kool-aid

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DeadWinterDay » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:16 am

cordscords wrote:I'm also not drinking the Frank Thomas kool aid. I'd still be worrisome of injuries and age, as he will likely go too high for my liking.

Throw Thome into the same category for me.

And to switch things up a bit, I am DRINKING THE FELIX PIE KOOL AID.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Geek » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:26 pm

Doughhead wrote:Anybody who thinks Ryan Howard will be available in the second round next year is drinking more than kool-aid. He will be a consensus top 5 pick in all formats by March...guarenteed.

Three 1b's in the top five?

Highly doubtful.

1. Soriano and Pujols and Ortiz will all be consensus top-5's. As will Carlos Beltran in all likelihood.

2. Then there's Manny, Santana, and A-Rod.

Unless it's Pujols or somebody has fallen further than they should, I'll wait a few rounds and take someone like Giambi or Teixeira.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gfantasy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:56 pm

Geek wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Anybody who thinks Ryan Howard will be available in the second round next year is drinking more than kool-aid. He will be a consensus top 5 pick in all formats by March...guarenteed.

Highly doubtful.

1. Soriano and Pujols and Ortiz will all be consensus top-5's. As will Carlos Beltran in all likelihood.

Unless it's Pujols or somebody has fallen further than they should, I'll wait a few rounds and take someone like Giambi or Teixeira.

I take Howard before Manny, ARod and probably Soriano.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby cordscords » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:53 pm

I'll have a sip of the Bonds kool aid.

I mean....what?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:06 pm

cordscords wrote:I'm also not drinking the Frank Thomas kool aid. I'd still be worrisome of injuries and age, as he will likely go too high for my liking.

I doubt he goes very high. He is one of the best hitters in our generation but he's been hurt so often... He used to be so awesome...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cordscords » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:16 pm

Yoda wrote:

I doubt he goes very high. He is one of the best hitters in our generation but he's been hurt so often... He used to be so awesome...

In casual leagues somebody will see the name, the HR's, and the batting average since the break.

I can see him going from rounds 9-11, and I don't want to be a part of it.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby IllinoisBandit » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:47 pm

gfantasy wrote:
Geek wrote:

Highly doubtful.

Good luck next year, buddy. Hope that works out for ya.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Doughhead » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:44 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
Geek wrote:

Highly doubtful.

Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:59 pm

Doughhead wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
Geek wrote:

Highly doubtful.

Well I must be a crazy moron too, but I would take Howard ahead of those guys as well. Look at ARod's frickin' numbers this year. Garrett Atkins has arguably been better. Say it with me now--overrated!

Oh, here we go again. :-B

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:31 pm

The guys taking ARod top-5 next season will be the same people who took Helton in the 4th round this year. At some point you need to let go of the name...

I think that Pujols, Ortiz, and (depending on his team) Soriano will be the top 3 next season.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers