Drinkin' the kool-aid - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drinkin' the kool-aid

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CadensDad » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:45 pm

Music2004Man wrote:
wrveres wrote:
asumikey222 wrote:there has been A LOT of misinformation and pathetic jealous dissing of one of my favorite players on here.

here are the simple facts for those not prejudged to bias him just b/c he is a great hitter (one of the best ever) and makes a lot of $:

-he is a great guy, no question. he played here and my little cousin got his autograph no problems.

-Apparently his problems this season (DON'T CALL IT A SLUMP THAT'S STUPID) are related to some tax difficulties (probably a small unintentional error). to do some reasearch i called H&R block today and they said as long as he sends everything in monday he should be fine [EDIT: i did not ask about beltre's taxes themselves, i don't know where he does them, just about how taxes work in general giving beltre's situation as a hypo]. i'm willing to bet he'll hit a couple homers soon once that return is in the mail. pretty much everyone w/ common sense in that thread agreed that the taxes were the problem (just ignore the stupid and uninformed "ROIDS" and "CONTRACT YEAR" comments).

-he has one of the sweetest swings EVER. PERIOD. don't try to dispute it b/c i read it somehwere stright from a scout. if you think otherwise open your eyes instead of just following allong w/ what others are saying w/o judging for yourself

So I vouch that his new nick should be "Trü." The haters don't faze him b/c he is trü to himself and trü to the game. In this img I made he is an a Dodgers uniform b/c i couldn't find a Google image of one of his dozens of Mariners hits prolly b/c all the haters won't click on those. He has so many haters online b/c of his hitting skillz (better than them) and salary (more than them).

And w/ that i rest my case.

this has to be the greatest post .. .. ever!! ;-D

This post is unreal! I've never seen anything like it. I'm drinking the koolaid on Miggy Cabrera! He raised his OPS from 946 to 1010 at the age of 23! That is beastly!

That entire post is just sad

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:39 pm

Beltran - MVP type Kool-Aid.

Bay - Most underrated and unjustifiably hated-on Kool-Aid.

Morneau, Reyes, Liriano, Howard - Not completely sure they are selling Kool-Aid - more like Tang.

DLee - I love his fully healthy Kool-Aid. 1st round talent when the season started, and still even now.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:18 pm

Lemme add Rios - his pre-injury performance is for real.
Toss in Brandon Webb. I agree with those drinking the Soriano, Beltran, Morneau kool-aid. The one that I am not drinking is Teix.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Re: Drinkin' the kool-aid

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:35 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Who's kool-aid are you drinkin', and who's are you not buying?

Ryan Howard- I'm drinking. I'll aim for Howard and try to take him second round next season, first round in a keeper.

Jermaine Dye- Not touching. I've heard muttering about him going in the first or second round, and I'm just not buying at that price. He hasn't ever had a season this productive before, his last season even in this realm was 2000. Hard for me to believe he'll repeat in 2007.

Reyes- I'm drinking, but I don't think I'll get him next season, as he will most likely go in the late first, early second. If he's still around in the late second I'd probably grab him.

Liriano- Not touching. Once again, he'll go way earlier than I'm willing to take him, most likely in the fourth or fifth round. Actually, if he was still around in the late fifth I'd grab him.

Got any of your own?

Howard is going to go late first or second round. Would have no problem picking him.

Reyes is a solid round 2 pick imo. FIrst round is a bit high.

Liriano...buyer beware. Injury prone SPs should not be taken anywhere near the top rounds. l said it about Pedro and Prior and others. Let someone else assume that huge risk and pick another top player instead. There is NO reason to gamble in the top rounds. It is not like you are grabbing a Liriano round 12 and bypassing some mediocre talent. You likely wil have to bypass a top player in round 3-5 to get him. Just plain foolish. No reason to take risks like that.

Dye is worth a pick 50-60 overall imo. I think anything higher and you might be reaching a bit.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mikekim2121 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:48 pm

Pass me some of that Delmonade
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Doughhead » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:38 pm

Anybody who thinks Ryan Howard will be available in the second round next year is drinking more than kool-aid. He will be a consensus top 5 pick in all formats by March...guarenteed.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Doughhead » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:40 pm

CadensDad wrote:Drinking-Beltran Gobble Gobble Gobble, the man is a beast and still in his prime

I'm not that high on Jimmy Gobble. ;-)
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Doughhead » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:40 pm

Jered Weaver has a similar odor as Zach Duke did at this time last year (and we all know how that story unfolded). I'll pass.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby cordscords » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:43 pm

Doughhead wrote:Anybody who thinks Ryan Howard will be available in the second round next year is drinking more than kool-aid. He will be a consensus top 5 pick in all formats by March...guarenteed.

And they will be dissapointed if they use a top 5 pick on Howard. His K's and HR/F will turn him into a .270, 40 HR player.

Still good out of a 1B, but I'll pass.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby cordscords » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:14 am

I'm also not drinking the Frank Thomas kool aid. I'd still be worrisome of injuries and age, as he will likely go too high for my liking.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers