Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:40 am

chadlincoln wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Arse face Jim "Well its online on the forums"

So this jerk face couldn't tell me that. Instead he took 5 minutes to explain to me that I should check my email and the forums.

Irony- The guy with 15,000+ posts complaining that he has to check a forum. ;-7 ;-7 :-D


I found that hilarious as well. :-b

Dan Lambskin wrote:i told the HR lady that i got kicked out of my house and had to go live with my dad in another city. she felt so bad that she offered to set me up at a K-mart out there once i got settled


Almost sounds like she offered to give you a cardboard box to live in outside of the K-Mart. Was my first thought when I read that. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:53 am

Madison wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Arse face Jim "Well its online on the forums"

So this jerk face couldn't tell me that. Instead he took 5 minutes to explain to me that I should check my email and the forums.

Irony- The guy with 15,000+ posts complaining that he has to check a forum. ;-7 ;-7 :-D


I found that hilarious as well. :-b



I don't mind checking the forums. I hate when people won't give me an answer that takes two seconds and instead makes me search for 10 minutes in an unorganized area.

Its just crappy work habit. Tell me how to do something once and I'll remember. I don't need you to tell me to go look it up. This isn't highschool
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:28 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Arse face Jim "Well its online on the forums"

So this jerk face couldn't tell me that. Instead he took 5 minutes to explain to me that I should check my email and the forums.

Irony- The guy with 15,000+ posts complaining that he has to check a forum. ;-7 ;-7 :-D


I found that hilarious as well. :-b



I don't mind checking the forums. I hate when people won't give me an answer that takes two seconds and instead makes me search for 10 minutes in an unorganized area.

Its just crappy work habit. Tell me how to do something once and I'll remember. I don't need you to tell me to go look it up. This isn't highschool


You'll find that in most jobs though. Don't know the answer? It's documented, so look it up. It's not just your place of work that does that.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:08 pm

Hey acs, link us to your work's forums. I wanna post there. :-B
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Re: Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:10 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Arse face Jim "Well its online on the forums"

So this jerk face couldn't tell me that. Instead he took 5 minutes to explain to me that I should check my email and the forums.

Irony- The guy with 15,000+ posts complaining that he has to check a forum. ;-7 ;-7 :-D


I found that hilarious as well. :-b



I don't mind checking the forums. I hate when people won't give me an answer that takes two seconds and instead makes me search for 10 minutes in an unorganized area.

Its just crappy work habit. Tell me how to do something once and I'll remember. I don't need you to tell me to go look it up. This isn't highschool


You'll find that in most jobs though. Don't know the answer? It's documented, so look it up. It's not just your place of work that does that.


Oh I understand but as Helpdesk we are constantly told we are a team. So when I ask for help from a teammate it pisses me off when I'm told to go look it up.

I guess different people learn different ways.

When I was in college we were told to work with our peers and learn from them.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:34 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Hey acs, link us to your work's forums. I wanna post there. :-B


LMAO! :-b

acsguitar wrote:Oh I understand but as Helpdesk we are constantly told we are a team. So when I ask for help from a teammate it pisses me off when I'm told to go look it up.

I guess different people learn different ways.

When I was in college we were told to work with our peers and learn from them.


I see both sides of the coin. Working together and doing everything as quickly as possible is important. I also see the other side where people spend tons and tons of hours documenting procedures, explaining how to do stuff, etc, yet it gets ignored because people don't want to "bother" with looking it up, even though they have access to the answer to their question.

Just pointing out both sides to bust your chops a bit. ;-) :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:51 pm

Madison wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:Hey acs, link us to your work's forums. I wanna post there. :-B


LMAO! :-b

acsguitar wrote:Oh I understand but as Helpdesk we are constantly told we are a team. So when I ask for help from a teammate it pisses me off when I'm told to go look it up.

I guess different people learn different ways.

When I was in college we were told to work with our peers and learn from them.


I see both sides of the coin. Working together and doing everything as quickly as possible is important. I also see the other side where people spend tons and tons of hours documenting procedures, explaining how to do stuff, etc, yet it gets ignored because people don't want to "bother" with looking it up, even though they have access to the answer to their question.

Just pointing out both sides to bust your chops a bit. ;-) :-D


The it department covers about 30 billion apps and all so looking up things isn't always the easiest thing to do.

Sometimes you need to ask. I just won't ask this douche anymore
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:52 pm

If you took a sword to work with you at least for that day people would probably just answer whatever question you wanted help with. Of course...you might not have a job the first day you don't bring it with you.
Image
Image
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1583
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ole Kentucky

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact