Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Example:

Names have been changed to protect the jerkfaces.

"Hey jim do you know how to reset the phones on our T1."

"Don't you ever read your email this was sent out like 2 weeks ago."

Thinking to myself. "We get 400 emails a day"

"Oh no I didn't see that." Says I

Arse face Jim "Well its online on the forums"

"oh ok"

I go on the forums and then answer is like Press #111.

So this jerk face couldn't tell me that. Instead he took 5 minutes to explain to me that I should check my email and the forums.

I've worked with two people just like this and I hate them. If someone asks me something I try to answer it and if we need to get the answer from somewhere else I do it with them.

This jerkface is a level 3 whatever that means and I'm a level 2 tech. Doesn't mean his my boss at all.

We finally caught up on all our work. So I joke with my boss. So what do we get now that we are caught up.

Well Arse face Jim says "Don't you have some spread sheets you are supposed to update.' To which his possible gay lover my boss says.

"yea didn't I send you an email on those updates last week."

HUH?? Did you just change the subject or what. God I hate people like that.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:06 pm

acsguitar wrote:Example:

Names have been changed to protect the jerkfaces.

"Hey jim do you know how to reset the phones on our T1."

"Don't you ever read your email this was sent out like 2 weeks ago."

Right there is where I knew Jim was a douchebag. I don't understand this either... how is anyone supposed to get stuff done if you can't consult each other? The whole "team" thing was pounded into my brain in college as the most important aspect of organizational behavior, and then I get out there and it's every man for himself.

So yeah, i agree... I hate those people, just be friendlly already.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:13 pm

Only job where I had annoying co-workes was at Wendy's and there were a few people who I honestly wished would fall into the fryers or pass out on the grill.

Just to make sure...I couldn't have been the only one who pictured this. Seriously sub e-mails with TPS reports and this is eerily similar...

1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Jump him. B-)

Hopefully if he asks you for advice, you can pay him back by answering his question. Except in a way where you screw him up somehow. ;-D

He probably does that because he wants to make you look stupid (his self better), or maybe he's jelous of you (I really don't see why he would be but it could happen). Haha, just kidding man.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 364)

Postby Zito is God » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:00 pm

Dude, today I had to leave at 3 and it was exactly 3 as I was leaving my boss says "Oh, I need you to do this thing, oh, and also I need you to take care of something for this other girl who didn't get it done".

So I say " I guess I can try to get one of them done cause its 3 already, which one would you want me to do."

So the boss looks at me with these retarded eyes and just says "Both, you waste enough time around here." and leaves.

WTF? Waste enough time? I do more then 90% of these bimbo girls who talk on the phone.

So in conclusion, we both hate our jobs.

On a personal note, I can't wait till next year when I can transfer schools and laugh in my boss' face as I'm leaving (burning building optional).

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:06 pm

I feel so much better about myself everytime I read an acs work story. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:29 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
Just to make sure...I couldn't have been the only one who pictured this. Seriously sub e-mails with TPS reports and this is eerily similar...

ummm, yeah. thats exactly what i was thinking, mkay.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Re: Are you one of these annoying Co-Workers

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:24 am

acsguitar wrote:Arse face Jim "Well its online on the forums"

So this jerk face couldn't tell me that. Instead he took 5 minutes to explain to me that I should check my email and the forums.

Irony- The guy with 15,000+ posts complaining that he has to check a forum. ;-7 ;-7 :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:27 am

Zito is God wrote:Dude, today I had to leave at 3 and it was exactly 3 as I was leaving my boss says "Oh, I need you to do this thing, oh, and also I need you to take care of something for this other girl who didn't get it done".

So I say " I guess I can try to get one of them done cause its 3 already, which one would you want me to do."

So the boss looks at me with these retarded eyes and just says "Both, you waste enough time around here." and leaves.

WTF? Waste enough time? I do more then 90% of these bimbo girls who talk on the phone.

So in conclusion, we both hate our jobs.

On a personal note, I can't wait till next year when I can transfer schools and laugh in my boss' face as I'm leaving (burning building optional).

man...what a richard.

my crowning achievement was when i worked for K-mart in high school. i hated it so bad i wanted to quit but still be able to use it for a reference, but i didnt want to finish my 2 weeks

i told the HR lady that i got kicked out of my house and had to go live with my dad in another city. she felt so bad that she offered to set me up at a K-mart out there once i got settled

nowadays...if someone asks me to do something, i either do it if it's real important or if not just never do it figuring if it's important enough they will do it themselves or ask me again
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby 3 run homer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:11 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:

ummm, yeah. thats exactly what i was thinking, mkay.

ummm yeah and i'm gonna need you to come in on saturday, grrreaat yeahhh !+) :-P
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to General Talk