Stephen Drew/Justin Upton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Stephen Drew/Justin Upton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stephen Drew/Justin Upton

Postby Gold Rush » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:22 pm

I don't think we'd have to be worrying about this until about 2008, but assuming that none of them get traded by that time, where will they put both of them? Do they move Upton to the outfield to have Quentin, Young, and Upton? Or would they move him to a different infield position?
go 49ers!!!!!
Gold Rush
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:11 pm

Upton got moved to center field at the beginning of this year. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:27 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Upton got moved to center field at the beginning of this year. ;-D

Yep. It was pretty much decided that Upton would play CF for Arizona once they signed him.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:58 am

Its really hard to say where Upton will play. Carlos Gonzalez is progressing a lot faster and will more than likely get the call before Upton. Carlos undoubtedly has a great future, so I think its safe to say that if he hopefully does not get traded that he will have a starting spot intact. Upton would then be left out with, as you mentioned, Quentin and Young already showcasing the talents that caused them to be so highly touted. Ultimately I think the position that Upton will wind up at is 2nd base, due to the fact that the Dbacks don't really have another decent prospect or young established starter at that position. Another possibility is for Tracy to be dealt, but that would only happen if his struggles this season continued into the following seasons. I highly doubt this will be the case and Tracy will once again establish himself as one of the cornerstones to their offense.

On a side note, where have you been that you didnt hear one of the top 5 prospects in baseball had his position changed? I know its a rather small detail to be aware of, but you seem to be fairly knowledgeable about the top prospects in their organization. Not to mention the fact that stories about Upton are top discussion topics at many sites aside from this one. Its all good, but it is rather puzzling. :-?
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shortsavage » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:30 am

I'm pretty caught off guard by your notion that Upton could be destined for second base. I haven't heard that before.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:47 am

I haven't either, I just think this based off the fact that they don't have room anywhere else. Pure speculation. ;-D
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:29 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:I haven't either, I just think this based off the fact that they don't have room anywhere else. Pure speculation. ;-D

i think if it is something they were giving any thought to he would still be playing in the infield. they would seriously be screwing around with his development if they put him in the outfield for a year or two then tried to convert him back to infield.

i reckon if all their OF prospects pan out they will trade one of them for some pitching.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Minor League & College Baseball