Buy or Sell: A-Rod in the 1st round next year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Buy or Sell: A-Rod in the 1st round next year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is A-Rod worthy of a 1st round pick next year after not being a top 50 player this year?

YES
84%
NO
16%

Total votes : 113

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:52 am

TheYanks04 wrote:That said, Arod is going to go first round next year as someone will take him. It will not be me. 2 out of 3 off seasons and non-first round value leads me to let someone else deal with the choker while I take a Manny or Vlad.

Arod's numbers this year are as good if not better then both Manny and Vlad's in every basic 5x5 stat besides avg. I'll gladly let people let him slip to me late in the 1st and then laugh when he picks it up and does great or when he does as good as he has this and have comparble numbers to most of the top sluggers.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:51 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Geek wrote:
J35J wrote:Haha, did this thread really happen?

Jason

He failed to produce even 3rd round value this year. And the fact is that his batting stats were equally underwhelming in 2004. Two down years out of three makes one question what's going on with him.

He's no longer a safe pick in the 1st round. Anyone who took him this year got burned badly. To consider him a no-doubter in the first round, you have to ignore 2004 and 2006.

If he tanks in the postseason again, look out.

If he tanks in the postseason again, he better not be back in 2007 because if he thought the fans are tough on him this year, another choke job in the playoffs leading to the Yanks losing and he will remember this year as the good times in NY.

That said, Arod is going to go first round next year as someone will take him. It will not be me. 2 out of 3 off seasons and non-first round value leads me to let someone else deal with the choker while I take a Manny or Vlad.

Hmmm...that got me thinking: I'd be happy to see A-Rod in a Dodger uniform. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby GradysBaby13 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:57 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Hmmm...that got me thinking: I'd be happy to see A-Rod in a Dodger uniform. ;-D

Whats wrong with Wilson Betemit? He should be an AS for years to come.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:45 pm

GradysBaby13 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Hmmm...that got me thinking: I'd be happy to see A-Rod in a Dodger uniform. ;-D

There was an editorial article in the L.A. Times that either the Dodgers or Angels would be content on landing A-Rod...although the asking price would be something like 3-4 top prospects in return...and of course, Ned Coletti and Bill Stoneman are very protective of their prospects...which is why an event of such great magnitude won't happen. What I meant was that A-Rod is getting so much flak in NY, but I'm sure any team, especially the Dodgers who lack the marketable super-stud that the Angels have in Vlad, would take A-Rod's "woeful" down year any day.

Nothing against Wilson Betemit, but we also have Andy Laroche waiting in the wings.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby activechamp2006 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:06 pm

GradysBaby13 wrote:

yeah.. right... and bonds didnt do steroids.. :*)
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers