Buy or Sell: A-Rod in the 1st round next year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Buy or Sell: A-Rod in the 1st round next year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is A-Rod worthy of a 1st round pick next year after not being a top 50 player this year?

YES
84%
NO
16%

Total votes : 113

Postby cordscords » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:06 pm

raygunpunx wrote:How exactly is Jason Bay a stud??

A guy who' final line is looking like:

.290, 35 HR, 102 R, 112 RBI, 11 SB

Sounds pretty good to me.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:09 pm

cordscords wrote:

ARods final line looks like this.

.282, 35 HR, 113 R, 125 RBI, 15 SB

This is in his worst season ever.

Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:11 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
cordscords wrote:

ARods final line looks like this.

.282, 35 HR, 113 R, 125 RBI, 15 SB

This is in his worst season ever.

I'll take that floor 99.9% of the time (.01% = Pujols)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cordscords » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:40 pm

2 more HR's today, and only 1 strikeout in his last 24 AB.

Last time I do this, I promise.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

It's just too bad...

Postby ab » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:30 pm

Too bad A-rod's in decline. I remember in his peak when he would have 5 hr, 10 rbi in 4 days...
ab
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrmelo15 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:00 pm

wrveres wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
mrmelo15 wrote:I finally bench him for Teahen and this is what I get.

ARod. I hate you. But he is still a first rounder, not top 3 though. IMO.

Never bench a stud. Over 162 games, the stud will help more then any guess work, platoon, chance start by a lesser player.

why even carry another 3B on your roster if you have Arod.
use that for a starting pitcher, a solid MR or an OF or something else .. :-o

This league has a utility spot, Teahen was in it prior to that. Just a stupid move out of pure frustration. 2 more HR's today, making me more of an idiot...yess.
mrmelo15
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Geek wrote:
J35J wrote:Haha, did this thread really happen?

Jason

He failed to produce even 3rd round value this year. And the fact is that his batting stats were equally underwhelming in 2004. Two down years out of three makes one question what's going on with him.

He's no longer a safe pick in the 1st round. Anyone who took him this year got burned badly. To consider him a no-doubter in the first round, you have to ignore 2004 and 2006.

If he tanks in the postseason again, look out.

If he tanks in the postseason again, he better not be back in 2007 because if he thought the fans are tough on him this year, another choke job in the playoffs leading to the Yanks losing and he will remember this year as the good times in NY.

That said, Arod is going to go first round next year as someone will take him. It will not be me. 2 out of 3 off seasons and non-first round value leads me to let someone else deal with the choker while I take a Manny or Vlad.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GradysBaby13 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:50 pm

He will still go top 10, probably even top 5, but I know I won't be the one picking him. In my opinon, he is no longer the player that makes a serious 40/40 threat every year, nor is he the player that hits close to 60 bombs a year like he was in Texas. I still view him as a very good player, a guy this will hit aroud .280 with 35 home runs 100 RBI and 100 runs with 10 or 12 stolen bases. I think he has been surpased by Wright and Cabrera at his posistion and he is slight ahead of Aramis Ramirez. I'll pass on him next year and take a guy like Ryan Howard or a 5 catoglory stud like Beltran, Reyes or Crawford instead.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ukrneal » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:14 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:He will still go top 10, probably even top 5, but I know I won't be the one picking him. In my opinon, he is no longer the player that makes a serious 40/40 threat every year, nor is he the player that hits close to 60 bombs a year like he was in Texas. I still view him as a very good player, a guy this will hit aroud .280 with 35 home runs 100 RBI and 100 runs with 10 or 12 stolen bases. I think he has been surpased by Wright and Cabrera at his posistion and he is slight ahead of Aramis Ramirez. I'll pass on him next year and take a guy like Ryan Howard or a 5 catoglory stud like Beltran, Reyes or Crawford instead.

You do realize that Arod is hitting better than Wright? And that he's on track to have 115-125 RBI? And 110+ Runs and 35-40HR? And a nice 13-15 steals or so. Oh, and these are bad stats. Anyone looking for a low risk pick, Arod seems to fit the bill. How many people put up even these 'low' stats in a year? Do you know? And how many of them repeat? Your list just got real short.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BritSox » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:19 am

GradysBaby13 wrote:He will still go top 10, probably even top 5, but I know I won't be the one picking him. In my opinon, he is no longer the player that makes a serious 40/40 threat every year, nor is he the player that hits close to 60 bombs a year like he was in Texas. I still view him as a very good player, a guy this will hit aroud .280 with 35 home runs 100 RBI and 100 runs with 10 or 12 stolen bases. I think he has been surpased by Wright and Cabrera at his posistion and he is slight ahead of Aramis Ramirez. I'll pass on him next year and take a guy like Ryan Howard or a 5 catoglory stud like Beltran, Reyes or Crawford instead.

So basically, you have him near-precisely replicating the worst season of his career? Could happen, but i'll gladly take the over. .295, 40 homers on the dot, 125RBI 110R, 15 SB, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm significantly low on the BA.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers