My quest into microbrews... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My quest into microbrews...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:01 am

pokerplaya wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I wish I knew of a good local place to try some of these brews... :-?

Where do you live?

On Long Island, NY, about 30 minutes east of Manhattan.

What town are you in?
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:57 am

Here is what New York City has to offer. If you're ever in the area check them out.

The Beer Stores are the places to look for IMO. This way you can buy a bunch and take them home with you.

http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/12
http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/directory/9/US/NY
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:04 am

Go to brooklyn brewery and get the Brooklyn Brown awesome ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:55 pm

Phatferd wrote:Here is what New York City has to offer. If you're ever in the area check them out.

The Beer Stores are the places to look for IMO. This way you can buy a bunch and take them home with you.

Thanks. I've heard of one of those places called "The Ginger Man" which my ex-gf's brother was always raving about and telling me that I had to try. I actually figured it would be on that list and it was. I'll try to hit somoe of those spots.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mikhayl » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:33 pm

acsguitar wrote:Go to brooklyn brewery and get the Brooklyn Brown awesome ;-D

It's getting to chilly for that now, dagnabbit. I live a mere 5 blocks from one of the biggest beer distributors in NYC though. Total awesomeness. Unfortunately, they close at 630 on weekdays which is about 90 minutes before I get home from work.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikhayl » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Here is what New York City has to offer. If you're ever in the area check them out.

Thanks. I've heard of one of those places called "The Ginger Man" which my ex-gf's brother was always raving about and telling me that I had to try. I actually figured it would be on that list and it was. I'll try to hit somoe of those spots.

The Ginger Man is a mob scene. At night it's like every law firm in midtown empties into that bar. If you want a fantastic, and I mean fantastic place to get beer, check out Standings They have a great selection of beers, they sell by the pitcher, and they give away free food on most nights (real food like pizza/wings/bagels). They also have a bunch of flat panels and they'll have the best games of the night on. It's never crowded and the people there are all really knowledgable sports and beer fans who don't shout over the games. It's really heaven on earth.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:17 pm

mikhayl wrote:

It's getting to chilly for that now, dagnabbit. I live a mere 5 blocks from one of the biggest beer distributors in NYC though. Total awesomeness. Unfortunately, they close at 630 on weekdays which is about 90 minutes before I get home from work.

Too chilly to go to the brooklyn brewery? Why?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mikhayl » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:
mikhayl wrote:

The bar/serving area is an outdoor picnic space and it's right on the East River so the wind can get kind of bad. Tours are indoors, but they only give you a small sample of a few beers. You gotta pay for the good stuff at the bar, but it's still real cheap.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:26 pm

mikhayl wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
mikhayl wrote:

The bar/serving area is an outdoor picnic space and it's right on the East River so the wind can get kind of bad. Tours are indoors, but they only give you a small sample of a few beers. You gotta pay for the good stuff at the bar, but it's still real cheap.

Ahh gotcha
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:49 pm

mikhayl wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

The Ginger Man is a mob scene. At night it's like every law firm in midtown empties into that bar. If you want a fantastic, and I mean fantastic place to get beer, check out Standings They have a great selection of beers, they sell by the pitcher, and they give away free food on most nights (real food like pizza/wings/bagels). They also have a bunch of flat panels and they'll have the best games of the night on. It's never crowded and the people there are all really knowledgable sports and beer fans who don't shout over the games. It's really heaven on earth.

Thank you for the heads up. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk