iPod Video - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

iPod Video

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

iPod Video

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:14 pm

Alright, so my girlfriend of two and half years bought me an engraved iPod video for my birthday a few months back. I was incredibly stoked and I used it non-stop at college. However, I never actually used the video feature, since I'm a cheap that doesn't want to pay for a program to rip my DVDs.

Recently my gf started bugging me about using the video and I actually agree with her, but am still a cheap.

My question is, is there any program in which I can rip DVDs onto my iPod for free, without having it chopped down into five minute pieces? Thanks a ton. ;-D
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Re: iPod Video

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:25 pm

davidmarver wrote:Alright, so my girlfriend of two and half years bought me an engraved iPod video for my birthday a few months back. I was incredibly stoked and I used it non-stop at college. However, I never actually used the video feature, since I'm a cheap that doesn't want to pay for a program to rip my DVDs.

Recently my gf started bugging me about using the video and I actually agree with her, but am still a cheap.

My question is, is there any program in which I can rip DVDs onto my iPod for free, without having it chopped down into five minute pieces? Thanks a ton. ;-D


I really don't see the appeal... it's like a 1.5 inch screen on the nano... why not just watch video on the tv or your computer?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: iPod Video

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:35 pm

Coppermine wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Alright, so my girlfriend of two and half years bought me an engraved iPod video for my birthday a few months back. I was incredibly stoked and I used it non-stop at college. However, I never actually used the video feature, since I'm a cheap that doesn't want to pay for a program to rip my DVDs.

Recently my gf started bugging me about using the video and I actually agree with her, but am still a cheap.

My question is, is there any program in which I can rip DVDs onto my iPod for free, without having it chopped down into five minute pieces? Thanks a ton. ;-D


I really don't see the appeal... it's like a 1.5 inch screen on the nano... why not just watch video on the tv or your computer?


nano doesnt do video. ipod video is bigger than the nano. but still, its small to watch anything. you'd be surprised to how many people have pr0n on their phone nowadays though.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: iPod Video

Postby mikhayl » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:46 pm

Coppermine wrote:I really don't see the appeal... it's like a 1.5 inch screen on the nano... why not just watch video on the tv or your computer?


They're real popular here in New York. A lot of people here have 30+ minute commutes on the subway and a lot of those people take that time to catch up on tv shows on their Ipod.

Me, I read econ textbooks because I'm a nerd...but also because I don't have a video Ipod.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:12 pm

the screen doesnt look that small when its two inches from your face.


yes, there is a free way to rip dvd's to ipod. i cant really give detailed instructions because i dont know if you are on a mac or pc and i dont have an ipod so i dont know what formats they are compatible with.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Re: iPod Video

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Coppermine wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Alright, so my girlfriend of two and half years bought me an engraved iPod video for my birthday a few months back. I was incredibly stoked and I used it non-stop at college. However, I never actually used the video feature, since I'm a cheap that doesn't want to pay for a program to rip my DVDs.

Recently my gf started bugging me about using the video and I actually agree with her, but am still a cheap.

My question is, is there any program in which I can rip DVDs onto my iPod for free, without having it chopped down into five minute pieces? Thanks a ton. ;-D


I really don't see the appeal... it's like a 1.5 inch screen on the nano... why not just watch video on the tv or your computer?


Because you can't take a TV or a computer into your classroom. B-)

Well, atleast I can't.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8769
(Past Year: 403)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:08 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:the screen doesnt look that small when its two inches from your face.


yes, there is a free way to rip dvd's to ipod. i cant really give detailed instructions because i dont know if you are on a mac or pc and i dont have an ipod so i dont know what formats they are compatible with.

MP4 format. I use a PC: Fujitsu Lifebook -- New -- if you needed that info. I really appreciate the help. Thanks. ;-D
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:55 pm

try this tutorial - http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/guides.html

i believe it uses all freeware.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Postby BxBombers951 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:29 pm

if u just wanna use the video feature to make her happy, then put smaller vids on there instead of DVDs. get music videos, maybe a couple tv shows, or just funny internet vids from places like ebaums or something. and if ur cheap like u say u r, subscribe to a video podcast...they r free!
Image
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 651
Joined: 12 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Yankee Stadium


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 27
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Texas at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Miami at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact