iPod Video - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

iPod Video

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

iPod Video

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:14 pm

Alright, so my girlfriend of two and half years bought me an engraved iPod video for my birthday a few months back. I was incredibly stoked and I used it non-stop at college. However, I never actually used the video feature, since I'm a cheap that doesn't want to pay for a program to rip my DVDs.

Recently my gf started bugging me about using the video and I actually agree with her, but am still a cheap.

My question is, is there any program in which I can rip DVDs onto my iPod for free, without having it chopped down into five minute pieces? Thanks a ton. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: iPod Video

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:25 pm

davidmarver wrote:Alright, so my girlfriend of two and half years bought me an engraved iPod video for my birthday a few months back. I was incredibly stoked and I used it non-stop at college. However, I never actually used the video feature, since I'm a cheap that doesn't want to pay for a program to rip my DVDs.

Recently my gf started bugging me about using the video and I actually agree with her, but am still a cheap.

My question is, is there any program in which I can rip DVDs onto my iPod for free, without having it chopped down into five minute pieces? Thanks a ton. ;-D

I really don't see the appeal... it's like a 1.5 inch screen on the nano... why not just watch video on the tv or your computer?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:35 pm

Coppermine wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Alright, so my girlfriend of two and half years bought me an engraved iPod video for my birthday a few months back. I was incredibly stoked and I used it non-stop at college. However, I never actually used the video feature, since I'm a cheap that doesn't want to pay for a program to rip my DVDs.

I really don't see the appeal... it's like a 1.5 inch screen on the nano... why not just watch video on the tv or your computer?

nano doesnt do video. ipod video is bigger than the nano. but still, its small to watch anything. you'd be surprised to how many people have pr0n on their phone nowadays though.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mikhayl » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:46 pm

Coppermine wrote:I really don't see the appeal... it's like a 1.5 inch screen on the nano... why not just watch video on the tv or your computer?

They're real popular here in New York. A lot of people here have 30+ minute commutes on the subway and a lot of those people take that time to catch up on tv shows on their Ipod.

Me, I read econ textbooks because I'm a nerd...but also because I don't have a video Ipod.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:12 pm

the screen doesnt look that small when its two inches from your face.

yes, there is a free way to rip dvd's to ipod. i cant really give detailed instructions because i dont know if you are on a mac or pc and i dont have an ipod so i dont know what formats they are compatible with.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Coppermine wrote:

Because you can't take a TV or a computer into your classroom. B-)

Well, atleast I can't.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:08 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:the screen doesnt look that small when its two inches from your face.

yes, there is a free way to rip dvd's to ipod. i cant really give detailed instructions because i dont know if you are on a mac or pc and i dont have an ipod so i dont know what formats they are compatible with.

MP4 format. I use a PC: Fujitsu Lifebook -- New -- if you needed that info. I really appreciate the help. Thanks. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:55 pm

try this tutorial - http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/guides.html

i believe it uses all freeware.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby BxBombers951 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:29 pm

if u just wanna use the video feature to make her happy, then put smaller vids on there instead of DVDs. get music videos, maybe a couple tv shows, or just funny internet vids from places like ebaums or something. and if ur cheap like u say u r, subscribe to a video podcast...they r free!
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Return to General Talk