Fall Shows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fall Shows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fall Shows

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:08 pm

I've dropped the ball on new shows in the past... I always miss out on the shows that everyone ends up watching; 24, Lost and even Prison Break. This year I want to watch something that doesn't suck, so here's the rundown.

FOX
Vanished - Watched the first two episodes; not bad but it shares a time slot with Heroes, which I think looks kind of dumb.
Standoff - Guy from Office Space. Looks like more of a love story than a cop drama. Promo of office space guy telling everyone he had sex with his partner is cliche and unoriginal.
Justice - I'm just that much tired of courtroom dramas. Never again.

Till Death and Happy Hour - I give both shows 6 episodes, avg. First show has the guy from Raymond, maybe 10 episodes to one season. Second show has nothing to offer, 3 episodes, 4 at best "till death" haha.

CBS
Jericho - I always enjoy post-apocalyptic stories, but they ALWAYS suck (see "The Stand," "The Postman," "Battlefield Earth," "Waterworld," etc.)
Smith - Looks like the coolest new show of the year... Ray Liotta sells styrofoam cups or something as his day job, but at night blows @#$% up.
Shark - James Woods is a washed-up character actor, and he's no Keifer Sutherland. Also see my boredom with courtroom dramas above.

The Class - Don't know what this is, but it says "from the producer of Friends." Yeah, just what we need.

ABC
Brothers and Sisters - Ally McBeal 2: or How I Learned to Start Eating Again and Make Myself (and my viewers) Throwup
The Nine - No clue what this is
Six Degrees - Some kind of show about people being connected to each other, don't know anything about it
Ugly Betty, Men In Trees, Big Day, Notes from the Underbelly, Knights of Prosperity, Help Me Help You - I don't know what ANY of these shows are or what they're about, but they all sound dumb (except men in trees, but only if it's about monkey people living in trees).

NBC
Heroes - I think it might be dumber than it looks.
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - I'm most excited about this one... should be good to see them poke fun at SNL.
30 Rock - Two shows about SNL-like shows might be too much... Tina Fey, Tracey Morgan and Rachel Dratch are all in it. Might not suck that much as a sitcom though.
Friday Night Lights - I can't see many people outside of texas watching this "Varsity Blues: The Series" show. I could care less about high school football and all of the inadequacies and idiocies that surround it. I give this show 5 episodes.
Kidnapped - Might watch since it's the only show to watch Wed at 10. Is CSI: New York seriously still on?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:11 pm

I'm interested in Heros and 30 Rock. How can you forget to mention that Alec Baldwin is on 30 Rock? Everytime he hosted SNL it was great, so I have high hopes for the show.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:14 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I'm interested in Heros and 30 Rock. How can you forget to mention that Alec Baldwin is on 30 Rock? Everytime he hosted SNL it was great, so I have high hopes for the show.

Oh crap, that's right... I knew someone else big was on it. I'm convinced now, he became the only guest that made the show worth watching.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:32 pm

i've been watching Vanished. so far it's pretty good, it's the same type of entertaining yet totally unbelievable show that Prison Break is

Standoff looked awful, pass

I will give Justice a shot tonight out of boredom, but doesnt look like must see TV for me

is The Nine the one that comes on after Lost, becasue i would probably watch just for that reason. Six Degree's looks semi-intruging, it better hope it is not on the same time as anything good

none of the rest of the shows look very appealing to me....but alot of it is timeslot dependant for me, even with a DVR
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:34 pm

Meh, wake me up when Snakes on a Plane has its own TV series. }:-)

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby roninmedia » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:44 pm

6 Degrees is supposed to be from the creators of lost.

I have this thing for believing in fate/serendipity so they better pull if off well.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:49 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I'm interested in Heros and 30 Rock. How can you forget to mention that Alec Baldwin is on 30 Rock? Everytime he hosted SNL it was great, so I have high hopes for the show.

Oh crap, that's right... I knew someone else big was on it. I'm convinced now, he became the only guest that made the show worth watching.

No love for Walken? I love that guy on SNL. ;-D

As for the shows... Smith is really the only I'm that interested in, although there may be a few more that we catch. I'll just have to see...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:52 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

No love for Walken? I love that guy on SNL. ;-D

As in Christopher Walken? :-o

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:53 pm

I saw the first 2 of Vanished also, but I'm not completely interested in it. I sort of wasn't paying attention in the 2nd one, but I'll probably keep watching it since it's after Prison Break and I probably won't have much better to do on a monday night.

I'll stick with the ones you mentioned in 24, Lost, and Prison Break. I also really like Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:14 pm

I like Curb and Sunny because you don't really have to watch every episode to get it, unlike 24 and Lost.

And yeah, Christopher Walken was a great SNL guest, but he hasn't been on recently... he was on when the show was still good with or without a guest (i.e. Will Farrell years).
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk