XBox 360 vs PS3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

XBox 360 vs PS3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

XBox 360 vs PS3

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:07 am

Ok, so I've been a SONY guy since PS1, and I want some input.

360 or PS3? Which will be the better machine? Price doesn't concern me all that much, but getting the best system does.

I essentially only play Madden, NBA Live, FIFA, Tiger Woods, NCAA Football, March Madness...

So, give me your $0.02. If you want to give specs, screens (from PS3, if they exist), why one is better than the other in certain areas, etc. I can't wait to hear it!

Thanks. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:59 am

I think the system will be better on PS3, because it's coming out later and technology is always advancing. The controllers are better on 360, unless you want a lesbian sex toy/controller combo. Online play will probably be better on 360, but it costs money for a subscription. However even if the graphics/system might be a little better on Sony, it doesn't mean the sports games will. I liked the sports games on PS2 better than Xbox. I also was a Sony guy for a while, and had a PS2, but when I got an Xbox also, I have to admit I liked it better. That doesn't really apply for the new gen though.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:58 pm

I'm getting the Wii... Always was a big Nintendo fan until Sony came out with Playstation. Switching back now.

PS3 will be a better system than Xbox tho technically anyway and with more support. It will be interesting to see how much they sell based on the steep pricing.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:59 am

The console that comes out later will always have the advantage of access to better tech.

Of course, in addition to the console costing an extra $200, comments from Sony officials suggest that game prices may range as high as $80-$100 for the PS3. :-o
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:18 pm

The PS3 may go the way of the Sega Saturn. With the price at $600 and the new announcement of a supply shortage (400,000 units instead of 2 mil), gamers have gotten angry with Sony. In addition, game developers have felt that developing for the PS3 is about 50% harder than developing for the 360 and no is happy. Add in that software may have to increase in cost (~$80/unit) for the Sony and its not looking good. I personally have a 360 and love it. There is one big problem, if you buy one then you must buy the two year warantee...I have heard of many a 360 failing after 7 months.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:24 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote: There is one big problem, if you buy one then you must buy the two year warantee...I have heard of many a 360 failing after 7 months.

Vintage Microsoft. Their products are cheaply made, untested before release to public and highly unreliable. Why I would never buy a Microsoft product.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Phatferd » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:32 pm

KoopaTroopa211 wrote:The console that comes out later will always have the advantage of access to better tech.

Of course, in addition to the console costing an extra $200, comments from Sony officials suggest that game prices may range as high as $80-$100 for the PS3. :-o

I read that there will only be a few games a year at this price. Like some Final Fantasy games...

Also, I know the PS3 is about $200 more expensive than the 360, but it comes with a Blue-Ray player. The cheapest BR player on the market right now is $1k. I know that if the HD-DVD wins out this means nothing, but it should be taken into consideration.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games