Max innings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Max innings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Max innings

Postby mbeller83 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:01 pm

Hey guys. this is my 1st year in a competive fantasy league. I didn't realize that the legue Im in has maximum innings for pitchers.. My math has never been good so I havnt budgeted my usage well, started 2 pitchers in a day alot etc. Right now I only have 22 innings remaining!! Anyway my question is. Should I only use releivers for the rest of the season? I am in first place in wins by a wopping 19 wins. And Im in the top 2 in every pitching category except for ERA and saves.
mbeller83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Frappy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:06 pm

Yeah Id go with your top closers right now. A closer like Nelson/McClung Id leave out. Go with the best 2-3 closers you got.
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mbeller83 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:33 pm

Thanks too bad the trade deadline ended last week
mbeller83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:07 pm

btw, if you are in need of Wins, look into getting a set-up man or a reliever that teams like to use in tight game situations in the 8th inning.

couple years ago, i had like 5 innings remaining and needed 3 wins to capture the 1st place. i picked up yhency brazoban noticing dodgers kept using him in tie ballgame in the 8th. i believe he got me 3 wins that final week and won me the championship. i'll never forget brazoban. !+)
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:10 pm

With only 22 innings left, I would ride out my 2 best relievers the rest of the year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby costag » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:40 pm

Or you could wittle your innings down to as close to 1 remaining as you can and then look for a day that has a few of your SP starting and then stack your pitching roster for that day!!

The day you go over your limit, all the stats from any pitcher pitching that day will count. Not just that 1 inning. So it is possible to have 1270 innings pitched when your limit is 1250.

Example: If your limit is 1250. Say... this friday you have 1249 total innings pitched at the end of the night. And on Saturday you have 3 SP starting and 3 RP on your starting roster for the day - All 6 of your pitchers stats will count.

Good Luck.
costag
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:57 pm

costag wrote:Or you could wittle your innings down to as close to 1 remaining as you can and then look for a day that has a few of your SP starting and then stack your pitching roster for that day!!

The day you go over your limit, all the stats from any pitcher pitching that day will count. Not just that 1 inning. So it is possible to have 1270 innings pitched when your limit is 1250.

Example: If your limit is 1250. Say... this friday you have 1249 total innings pitched at the end of the night. And on Saturday you have 3 SP starting and 3 RP on your starting roster for the day - All 6 of your pitchers stats will count.

Good Luck.

Already talking Hail Mary, eh? I like it! I did this last year on the last day of the season. I'd been running 5 closers, and I had to whittle that down to 2 or 3 and then I had 4 or 5 SPs on the last day. I managed to stay ahead of the second place guy in Ks, plus I got a Save, and I won our league by 0.5 points. Good stuff. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby KTM » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:18 pm

costag wrote:Or you could wittle your innings down to as close to 1 remaining as you can and then look for a day that has a few of your SP starting and then stack your pitching roster for that day!!

Good Luck.

Exactly what I do.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers