Ortiz: Irregular Heartbeat... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ortiz: Irregular Heartbeat...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Frappy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:41 pm

So yeah... Everyone I made huge attempts to trade for but failed this season have suffered serious injuries.

Should I just quit fantasy baseball? :-o
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:32 pm

Could be nothing but stress... It's a long season, the yanks series, losing road trip, and maybe he's taken their fall to heart, so to speak. I once thought I had a heart attack, but turns out it was just stress and heartburn. You get so panicky you're having a heart attack, you're heart starts jumping, beating irregularly. the stress of thinking you're having a heart attack snowballs and you think you're going to die and the heart gets more jumpy... It didn't help matters that a lady in the emergency room bed next to me coded (i.e. died from a heart attack) while I was waiting to hear back from the doc.

As soon as the Doc told me I wasn't having one and it was basically heartburn combined with stress, I immediately started feeling fine. Nothing in the world makes you feel better than to be told you'll live when you're not sure that's the case.... That night convinced me to take better care of myself and I've lost 30 pounds since then. Long term health wise, probably a good thing it happened.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Richie Rich » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:35 pm

Hopefully this isn't serious and he gets a clean bill of health.
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby checkers » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:27 pm

David Ortiz returned to Boston this evening and was admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital where he will undergo further evaluation.

Ortiz is expected to undergo a battery of tests to determine the cause of his irregular heartbeat. The process could last a few days, and until it's over, the Red Sox won't have any idea when Ortiz will be ready to play again.

I hope he's ok with his health.. God bless big Papi!!
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PBRmeASAP » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:09 am

Some good news for Ortiz

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/v ... eid=155295

“That’s very good news,” said Dr. D. Michael Farmer, a Mount Auburn Hospital cardiologist, who is not treating the 30-year-old Ortiz. “If he had a negative echocardiogram, then he has a normal heart function. He’s got a perfectly normal heart.”

The team was mum on when he would return, but the source said he could be back next week.
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mreater71 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:18 am

From Yahoo:
"Aug 31 Ortiz said he is in good health and is expected to return to the Red Sox's lineup on Saturday against the Toronto Blue Jays. The designated hitter returned to Boston from the team's West Coast trip for evaluation after he felt heart palpitations just before Monday's game in Oakland. It was the second time in August that he was treated for the problem. He went through a battery of medical tests and doctors said his heart palpitations were related to stress and fatigue."
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ZFever » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:23 pm

According to the Boston Herald, club officials are expected David Ortiz back in Boston's lineup on Tuesday. ;-D

The Boston Globe reports that Ortiz said doctors told him they're 97 percent sure that he doesn't have anything wrong with his heart. "The most important thing to know right now is that I have no problem with my heart," Ortiz said. "That's the best answer I've had in the last couple of days. The doctors came to me and they tell me, 'Hey, your heart is fine. We're just going to keep on tracking and see if you get the pain back. We're not going to tell you we're 100 percent sure it had nothing to do with you're heart, but we might be 97 percent sure that it doesn't have anything to do with you're heart.'" Sep. 2 - 1:42 pm et
ZFever
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:50 pm

From Rotoworld:
David Ortiz was cleared to play by doctors Tuesday. He'll DH and bat third tonight against the White Sox.

Ortiz yesterday took batting practice for the first time since he was hospitalized for a second time because of heart palpitations. His return should result in fewer at-bats for Eric Hinske and Carlos Pena. Sep. 5 - 3:10 pm et

;-D
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates