Delmon offically up! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delmon offically up!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby seniorpaul » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 pm

gfantasy wrote:Where does he go in next year's draft?

I'm in the same situation as a couple of the guys above said. I really didn't *NEED* another OF, and DY won't make the cut as a keeper for my team (5 keepers, and i'm already planning on keepering Soriano, Tex, MCab, Hafner, and Halladay), But i certainly didn't want to let some team that is out of it pick him up and keep him for the next decade. I'd rather role the dice on getting him in the draft next season.

Unfortunatly, if he keeps hitting like this, he might go higher than i'd like in drafts next season.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikekim2121 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:36 am

ARCH wrote:I can't see how he's worth picking up unless you're in a keeper league.

I originally thought he would only be a real asset in slightly deeper than normal mixed leagues and AL only leagues, I think his performances lately prove that he is ready to hit now.

His lack of power this year was a little disapointing but I could see that being partially attributed to him not going 110%. I think that'll change now that he's in the majors. He has the ability to help in all 5 cats and might even hit 7 or 8 homers in a month. The steals should come shortly and projects to be a second tier basestealer (a notch below the likes of Pods, Figgins, Pierre, etc).
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Wigglestrue » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:03 am

5 keepers, and i'm already planning on keepering Soriano, Tex, MCab, Hafner, and Halladay

Who's "Tex"? Not Teixeira, I hope.
"Not a lot of people would say this, but I will: I want to be the guy who people see at No. 1 in the fantasy rankings." - Carl Crawford
Wigglestrue
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers