Cable providing home phone service - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cable providing home phone service

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:18 pm

I love the paper airplane logo. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sticky Spice » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:15 pm

Well to answer the question that was asked, my wife and I both do not have, nor do we want, cell phones. When we leave the house we love to be disconnected from people that call us. We know that even if we were to get cell phones and try to not give out the number that something will come up where the number will be given out and we'll be tethered to them.

Sounds like very few of you have or had home phone service provided by cable. I think I'm going to try it.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:Well to answer the question that was asked, my wife and I both do not have, nor do we want, cell phones. When we leave the house we love to be disconnected from people that call us. We know that even if we were to get cell phones and try to not give out the number that something will come up where the number will be given out and we'll be tethered to them.

Sounds like very few of you have or had home phone service provided by cable. I think I'm going to try it.

That's very 20th century of you, and also admirable... I thought waiting until like 2002 to get a cell phone made me something of a "late adopter" but good for you!

I wouldn't be able to do my job at this point though without one.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby emb0lus » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:08 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Image

Sprint today announced its local service will be EMBARQ

oh...didnt realize it just happened today...i only get my world news updates from the Cafe.

i should be able to drop them as a provider due to that lame name

i moved to TN in July and here they had Embarq. I did not go with the complet cable bundle since my wife signed us up for the phone service separately. Well, after getting the first 2 bills at $92 then $75 I added the cable phone onto my package. The servies was only supposed to cost $44 a month.... well after taxes it comes to $60 for a local phone with unlimited long distance - way too much money. It is $29.99 to add phone to my cable package with no installation charge and only $5 in tax. SCREW EMBARQ, go with cable. If the power goes out, pick up a cell phone.
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:33 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I've got my phone thru the local cable company and I really like it. The only real drawback is that when the power goes out the phone goes out.

Really?? Comcast offers an 8 hour battery backup. Do you use all cordless phones??

emb0lus wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

oh...didnt realize it just happened today...i only get my world news updates from the Cafe.

i moved to TN in July and here they had Embarq. I did not go with the complet cable bundle since my wife signed us up for the phone service separately. Well, after getting the first 2 bills at $92 then $75 I added the cable phone onto my package. The servies was only supposed to cost $44 a month.... well after taxes it comes to $60 for a local phone with unlimited long distance - way too much money. It is $29.99 to add phone to my cable package with no installation charge and only $5 in tax. SCREW EMBARQ, go with cable. If the power goes out, pick up a cell phone.

Another difference. For some reason, Verizon bangs you for major taxes. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I've got my phone thru the local cable company and I really like it. The only real drawback is that when the power goes out the phone goes out.

Really?? Comcast offers an 8 hour battery backup. Do you use all cordless phones??

emb0lus wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Lofunzo's posts should have a disclaimer that he works for Comcast !+)

Haha, or, more so, heed his advice!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:39 am

Coppermine wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

emb0lus wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Lofunzo's posts should have a disclaimer that he works for Comcast !+)

Haha, or, more so, heed his advice!

I'm not making $$ here so that doesn't matter. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to General Talk