How Do Yahoo Tie-breakers Work??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How Do Yahoo Tie-breakers Work???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Do Yahoo Tie-breakers Work???

Postby JTWood » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 pm

So, here's the situation. I'm listed as being in 7th place in my 18-teamer, one spot out of the last playoff spot with one week to go. I'm confused why I'm the one in 7th place, though.

Here are the records:

6th Place Team: 128-108-16, .540
My Team (7th): 130-110-12, .540

First of all, I don't understand how the percentages are calculated. Do we get a half-of-a-win for each tie? That's the only calculation I noticed that made sense. If that's the case, then he and I are perfectly tied with 136 "wins." What's the next tie-breaker? Actual wins? I have more. We played each other once this season, and I beat him 8-4-0, so the H2H factor must not a tie-breaker either.

How exactly did Yahoo decide that I'm in 7th place? We have another week left, so it's not like this nuance knocked me out of the playoffs - yet. I'm just curious, so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks! ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Richie Rich » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:56 pm

correct me if i am wrong everyone but i thought it is based on 1) Winning % then 2) Actual H2H w/ the tied party then 3) actual wins & losses...or maybe 2 and 3 are flip-flopped???
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:04 pm

Okay, I should look before asking:

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more players in a Head-to-Head League finish tied in the standings (based on a Games Behind calculation), the following system will be used to break the tie and determine playoff seedings:

1. Overall winning percentage.

2. Highest winning percentage in Week 22.

3. Highest winning percentage in Week 21.

4. Highest winning percentage in Week 20.

etc... etc... etc...

...and...

This weekly win-loss total will be added to a cumulative season record, which will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings. These standings will be based on your team's overall winning percentage, which is calculated by taking your win total and adding 1/2 of your tie total and dividing the sum by the total number of games your team has played.

So, I guess I'm losing because I had a worse record last week than he did. Kinda weird.

:-S
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to Baseball Leftovers