Will 2007 drafts be the most unpredictable in recent years? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will 2007 drafts be the most unpredictable in recent years?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Geek » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:56 pm

Dye has been a great buy-low guy.

He'll make a terrible buy-high guy. Too many injury problems over his career to bet on him staying healthy.

Bay has been a disappointment this year--it was his steals that made him a borderline 1st round pick in this year's drafts. Without the steals, he's a late-second or early-third round pick.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:43 pm

the thing with bay is that its not like hes done? his power numbers are still improving every season.. and its not his fault hes not stealing bases its tracys, he has the talent to steal 20.. if jason bay gets traded he will be a monster to be reckon with.. just look at his away numbers vs his home numbers.. this year and last year, he always gets all his hrs on the road. 19 hr 298ba on the road, 10hr 279ba at home this year..
last year was the same thing.. 23hr 337ba on the road 9hr 271ba at home.. he just needs a change of scenery.. next season i see bay finally cracking the 40 hr mark with over 100 rbi and 100 runs to go along with 15 sbs and a 300+ba.. he will definatly be a worth a late 1st early 2nd round pick..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:38 pm

I don't think 07 pre-ranking isn't that unpredictable.

At least we know who is going first, unlike in 06
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:19 pm

I think Dye is vastly over valued. He's having a great year no doubt but I don't think he'll repeat his 1st round type numbers again.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:I don't think 07 pre-ranking isn't that unpredictable.

Who would that be? Soriano, Pujols or Johan?
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:54 pm

And whats wrong with Jason Bay? He'll hit close to .300 with around 35 HR and 110 RBI, 100 R & 10 SB when the years over. How the hell is that not worthey of the top 3 rounds?
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Geek » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:58 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:And whats wrong with Jason Bay? He'll hit close to .300 with around 35 HR and 110 RBI, 100 R & 10 SB when the years over. How the hell is that not worthey of the top 3 rounds?

That is worthy of the top 3 rounds. The debate is whether he's a 1st round or a 2nd round pick.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:03 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:
Another Blown Save wrote:I don't think 07 pre-ranking isn't that unpredictable.

Who would that be? Soriano, Pujols or Johan?

:-? .. I believe he's referring to Pujols.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby ukrneal » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:06 pm

Bay has improved on his last two years modestly. Jeter seems to have had a career year. I'd take Bay before Jeter even looking at position. Jeter has rarely panned out as a first (or even second) round pick. In any case, I'd take Tejada ahead of him too. Similar numbers even this year, except double the power (even being on a lousy team).

Dye: I don't get this guy. He's back to 99-00 levels. What accounts for the mediocre performance in the middle and why has he gone back to performing at such a high level? Until I can explain that to myself, I just wouldn't trust him in the first two rounds (and maybe much longer).

I love Abreu, but I'm not sure he can be considered a top 20 player anymore. He's been inocnsistent the past two years (for H2H). Is he losing power? Is it just bad luck that he hasn't been able to turn some of those doubles into HR? SB are still solid and even better than I expected. I haven't decided where he should be yet, though if he stays with the Yanks, his value is still quite high. In any case, I'm ok with him at 19 for the time being.

Others for consideration: Rollins, Lee, Lee, Berkman, Holiday, Morneau.

Personally, I would take Berkman over Jeter, Abreu, and Dye. Puts him about mid-second round.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:49 pm

Iconoclastic wrote:Why do guys STILL take Jason Bay before Grady Sizemore?!?! What more proof do you need? How many more seasons do you have to make the same mistake over and over? Do you just not get to watch Sizemore and Bay play much?

How has Grady been sooo much better at this point? IMO, They are pretty dead even if you ask me. :-?

I'd take Damon over Sizemore without any second thoughts what so ever.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers