Will Ichiro ever get traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Ichiro ever get traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:58 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Gillick saw to most of the superstars leaving, and the funny thing is, the team seemingly got better after letting them leave. Nowadays, I doubt Bavasi could get anything of the sort done due to his ineptitude.

I still don't see Ichiro being traded, that would be ridiculously idiotic considering all fo the revenue that Ichiro brings in himself (people from across the ocean buying tickets, watching games on TV broadcasted in Japan, MERCHANDISING, etc.)

From a revenue standpoint I agree that it may not be a great business move, and since that's what the current ownership sees the team as (a business), I doubt he gets moved.

However, I think he's overrated as a ballplayer, and would love to see him moved for a power bat and/or starting pitching. I think it makes since from a baseball standpoint. Heck you could use Betancourt as a leadoff guy and be all right... Unless he's in CF for good, which I'd be cool with, which would make some of the young OFs (Jones, Snelling, Reed, etc.) expendable, and they could use them to bring in a power corner OF...

Just my two cents.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers