Will Ichiro ever get traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Ichiro ever get traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Ichiro ever get traded

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:27 pm

I think the Seattle owner is Japanese and loves Ichiro but I'm praying to god one day Ichiro gets traded to a solid team. It seems like the last two years he hasn't had the fire that he's had in years past.

Any rumors of Ichiro ever leaving Seattle?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:34 pm

Ichiro has already stated that he would prefer to be playing for a winner and is a little unhappy in Seattle, but won't be a distraction in the clubhouse and will finish out his contract.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:35 pm

cordscords wrote:Ichiro has already stated that he would prefer to be playing for a winner and is a little unhappy in Seattle, but won't be a distraction in the clubhouse and will finish out his contract.

Seattle could get a ton for him. If I'm Seattle I'd get rid of him this off season ;-D

He'd be unbelievable in a pin ball machine like fenway
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby cordscords » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:
cordscords wrote:Ichiro has already stated that he would prefer to be playing for a winner and is a little unhappy in Seattle, but won't be a distraction in the clubhouse and will finish out his contract.

Seattle could get a ton for him. If I'm Seattle I'd get rid of him this off season ;-D

But what team would be willing to give up the farm for Ichiro?

The Red Sox would have to deal their top prospects (Papelbon, Lester, Pedroia) in some kind of a deal to get Ichiro.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby noseeum » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:51 pm

cordscords wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

The Red Sox would have to deal their top prospects (Papelbon, Lester, Pedroia) in some kind of a deal to get Ichiro.

And what would be wrong with that? One of the best, most durable defensive right fielders in the game getting on base all the time and stealing bases before Manny and Ortiz? See ya prospects.

As a Yankee fan, I shudder to think of that happening. And if the Sox did not jump at the chance, they'd be really dumb, considering RF has been a real tough position for them for a long time with Nixon always getting hurt.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cordscords » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:58 pm

noseeum wrote:
cordscords wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

And what would be wrong with that? One of the best, most durable defensive right fielders in the game getting on base all the time and stealing bases before Manny and Ortiz? See ya prospects.

As a Yankee fan, I shudder to think of that happening. And if the Sox did not jump at the chance, they'd be really dumb, considering RF has been a real tough position for them for a long time with Nixon always getting hurt.

And what happens if the Sox don't sign him to an extenstion right away when they trade for him, and Ichiro feels left out in that "crazy" Sox clubhouse and doesnt return after '07? Then that was a hell of an expensive rental.

Also the Yankees have shown some composure over the last 2 years holding onto Wang, Cano, Melky, and Hughes. If the Sox start dealing away their top prospects the Yankees will have a leg up on them for years to come IMO.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:59 pm

Seattle won't ever trade Ichiro imo. Seattle has the largest Asian community in the US. The fan backlash would be huge. Be like the NYY trading Jeter.

As far as a upgrade for Boston, it really wouldn't be one hitting wise. Defense and base running yes. But Ichiros career ops+ is 121 to Nixons 120. Nixon is a very underrated hitter.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby noseeum » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:04 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Seattle won't ever trade Ichiro imo. Seattle has the largest Asian community in the US. The fan backlash would be huge. Be like the NYY trading Jeter.

As far as a upgrade for Boston, it really wouldn't be one hitting wise. Defense and base running yes. But Ichiros career ops+ is 121 to Nixons 120. Nixon is a very underrated hitter.

Yes, but Nixon's OPS does no good when it's in the infirmary. He's played in over 140 games twice in the last 7 years.

He's also slow as hell while Ichiro is a terror on the basepaths.

I agree the Mariners won't trade him, and I'm quite thankful for that.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:30 pm

OPS doesn't mean everything.

Anyways I was just saying he would tear it up in fenway due to the wacky dimensions and poor infield conditions.

He'd probably hit 20 hr's off peskys pole.

I'd like to see him go somewhere other then rotting on the M's
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:42 pm

cordscords wrote:
noseeum wrote:
cordscords wrote:
And what happens if the Sox don't sign him to an extenstion right away when they trade for him, and Ichiro feels left out in that "crazy" Sox clubhouse and doesnt return after '07? Then that was a hell of an expensive rental.

Also the Yankees have shown some composure over the last 2 years holding onto Wang, Cano, Melky, and Hughes. If the Sox start dealing away their top prospects the Yankees will have a leg up on them for years to come IMO.

Coming from a non-yankee fan, before a couple of years ago, that was the mindset of the organization: trade the farm for a MLB player. That is only possible with a monster payroll. So I'm not surprised by that statement

I wouldn't say Papelbon is too much of a prospect now, but one of the best closers in the game.

And many people in Seattle have said Ichiro might just go back to Japan if he doesn't like the trade. But people forget he was a rookie at right around the age or 30, so he isn't very young.

The bottom line is that he probably won't be moved and the organization has no intention of moving him.
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers