Transformers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Transformers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Transformers?

Postby Coppermine » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:59 pm

Are people enough hardcore Transformers fans that they'll go and see this even though it's directed by Michael Bay: i.e. worst director ever?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:05 pm

I'm more of a Voltron fan. :-B But as a wee tyke, I rooted for the Decepticons because they had a cooler name than the Autobots.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:05 pm

I will see this movie. Maybe not in the theater, but I'll see this movie. I don't know directors enough to know better. I was a fan of the Transformers and I know my kid would think they're pretty cool too.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:38 pm

i dont know enough about it to make a determination on it yet. havent even seen a preview. michael bay isnt bad enough to keep me away. if john woo or tarantino were directing i wouldnt watch it. i think bay is actually good at the summer popcorn flick genre, aside from the monstrosity known as pearl harbor.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:38 pm

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:52 pm

I don't know; Michael Bay directed "Pearl Harbor" but also "Armageddon" and "Bad Boys II." "The Island" was so bad, although I refused to see it, has solidified Bay as one of the gaudiest and unwatchable movie directors of our time.

I guess this could be his big comeback, although he has nothing "come back" from except every bad movie he's ever made.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:11 pm

Coppermine wrote:I don't know; Michael Bay directed "Pearl Harbor" but also "Armageddon" and "Bad Boys II." "The Island" was so bad, although I refused to see it, has solidified Bay as one of the gaudiest and unwatchable movie directors of our time.

I guess this could be his big comeback, although he has nothing "come back" from except every bad movie he's ever made.

i liked armageddon and bad boys ii. he also directed the rock, which was good despite the presence of nicolas cage, one of the worst a-list actors of all time. to me, if you can direct a movie with nick cage in it and it doesnt suck, you arent half bad as a director. bay doesnt belong directing drama or something that is really story driven. he would really be out of his element in that type of movie. he needs to stay with things that are action/effects oriented. the island wasnt that bad, and it was more of a mediocre story/script that kept that movie down. pearl harbor sucked.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:18 pm

I'm going to drag my old lady to it. That outta get her back for making me see The devil wears Prada! :-B
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Haven't decided yet. The only preview I've seen for it didn't sway me one way or the other. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:00 pm

I will check it out when it comes out on DVD, as I doubt I would go to the theaters to see it.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk