Pavano: another setback (lol) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pavano: another setback (lol)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pavano: another setback (lol)

Postby The Big Train » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:07 pm

I normally don't laugh at player injuries, but this is becoming such a joke it's hard not to... can't say that I feel bad for the Yankees... that's what you get for throwing $40 million at a guy with one decent season in his entire career.

NY POST

August 27, 2006 -- YANKEE NOTES

ANAHEIM - Carl Pavano is running out of body parts to break down.
Following his rehab start for Columbus (Triple-A) Friday night, Pavano talked of a problem with an oblique muscle, and there is the possibility he will be shut down.

Asked to confirm the problem before yesterday's game, Joe Torre said he couldn't until he talked to GM Brian Cashman. After the 12-7 loss to the Angels, Torre said he still hadn't gotten in touch with Cashman.

Pavano, a $40-million investment who hasn't pitched in a big-league game since last June due to back, buttock and elbow troubles, threw six innings for Columbus. He allowed two runs, eight hits, walked one and fanned five. After the 89-pitch outing, Pavano said he felt he was ready for the big leagues.

Now, that's in jeopardy.

Before Friday night's rehab start, Pavano was a candidate to replace Jaret Wright in the rotation. And Wright didn't score many points with a bullpen-killing effort that lasted 32/3 innings and included three runs and nine hits.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Who ok'd this move was it cashman or the "old person home" in tampa?

Pavano stunk forever had one good season and we pay him a brazilian dollars to suck on the DL.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby psflipper » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:07 pm

At this point I don't think this guy wants to pitch for the Yankees. I just wish there was a way the Yanks could void this guys contract but I don't think that's going to happen. Talk about not earning your money.
psflipper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:03 pm

psflipper wrote:At this point I don't think this guy wants to pitch for the Yankees. I just wish there was a way the Yanks could void this guys contract but I don't think that's going to happen. Talk about not earning your money.

I feel this way as well & apparently you & I are not alone in this line of thinking.

From Rotoworld:Aug. 28 - 9:48 am et
According to the New York Times, "there is a widespread perception in the Yankees’ clubhouse that Carl Pavano simply does not want to pitch."
Pavano has suffered yet another setback in his recovery, making his status for a start this week uncertain. The newspaper reports that Pavano "seems to have no defenders among the players, who stopped counting on him long ago."

Also from Rotoworld:Aug. 28 - 5:43 pm et
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, Carl Pavano was hurt in a car accident on Aug. 15 but informed the Yankees of the injury only in recent days.
The Yankees did invest $40 million in you, Carl. Maybe that gives them some right to know about these things? Pavano was examined in Columbus, Ohio, on Monday for a possible rib fracture. He's currently scheduled to start for Triple-A Columbus on Wednesday
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CoopernicusX » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:19 pm

I just read this...

Yankees pitcher Carl Pavano has a pair of broken ribs, the result of a car accident several weeks ago he initially didn't tell the team about. New York GM Brian Cashman said Monday that Pavano has made three rehab starts with the rib injury. He disclosed it to the team Saturday after feeling discomfort in his most recent minor-league outing. "Of course I'm angry," Cashman said, adding that "it's extremely frustrating" and "it's extremely disappointing." Cashman still hopes Pavano would be able to pitch in the major leagues this season. Pavano is to have another medical checkup Tuesday. "We have had players play with this issue before," he said.

WOW...another big waste of money...Kevin Brown-like...
"You can observe a lot by watching." - YOGI
CoopernicusX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CoopernicusX » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:19 pm

I just read this...

Yankees pitcher Carl Pavano has a pair of broken ribs, the result of a car accident several weeks ago he initially didn't tell the team about. New York GM Brian Cashman said Monday that Pavano has made three rehab starts with the rib injury. He disclosed it to the team Saturday after feeling discomfort in his most recent minor-league outing. "Of course I'm angry," Cashman said, adding that "it's extremely frustrating" and "it's extremely disappointing." Cashman still hopes Pavano would be able to pitch in the major leagues this season. Pavano is to have another medical checkup Tuesday. "We have had players play with this issue before," he said.

"You can observe a lot by watching." - YOGI
CoopernicusX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 am

CoopernicusX wrote:I just read this...

This guy is pathetic.

If you want some more talk on him you can also find it here.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Prooks25 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:46 am

This guy should be forced to pay back every penny he has taken from the Yankees...especially after this car crash thing surfaced.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates