Alfonso Soriano first 50-50 man? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alfonso Soriano first 50-50 man?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RAmst23 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:11 pm

Pujols has been a monster since he came into the major leagues. He's about the safest pick you can have, and he should go #1. Soriano will be a strong 1st round pick next year, as long as he's actually learned to walk more and have better discipline (though I guess it's not that much better, still has a ton of K's).

It's nice that Soriano is stealing bases, but with a 72% success rate, he's not helping the team too much. I know that doesn't matter for every league, but some keep track of CSs as well. Interestingly, Soriano stole 30 last year and was thrown out only twice.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:20 pm

04 scares me but I think he is one of the more stable 30-30 guys in MLB.

I'm still taking Pujols #1 but Soriano will be right up there again. I still do not understand why he has such a bad rap.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Geek » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:21 pm

It's nice to see that there's some debate over the overall #1 pick next year. Heck, things should be a LOT more unpredictable in most drafts.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:22 pm

I think if he's signed to play 2B, then you have to give him a very serious look at #1. If not then I say he's a very solid #2 or #3. The biggest knock on him is that his SB% isn't very good, but I don't think I've ever played in a league (outside of one points league) that had any kind of penalty for CS.

As for Arod I think you still have to look at him in the upper half of the first round. His upside gives him the ability to be worthy of the #1 pick. I know i'll gladly spend my #3 or #4 on him
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdsun1 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:18 am

If he can play 2B then hes a number 1 without a doubt. He's just way too valuable at that position eligibilty.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers