better than the football forum! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

better than the football forum!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:10 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I don't care much for basketball or soccer. Soccer, in particularly, I find dreadfully boring. Again, it's demographics.

Again, for me, it goes back to wathability (if that's a word). I can't stand watching hockey or soccer on TV. Watching them live is fun and playing them is a blast.

By the way, AD, my kid's quite the little soccer player too. }:-)

Soccer is a great sport to play; for kids. }:-)

Maaaaaaaaaaan, you are going to hear it now. :-o

Menyak's a big soccer fan too, so Cu might wind up in BIG trouble! 8-o

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:12 pm

Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I don't care much for basketball or soccer. Soccer, in particularly, I find dreadfully boring. Again, it's demographics.

Again, for me, it goes back to wathability (if that's a word). I can't stand watching hockey or soccer on TV. Watching them live is fun and playing them is a blast.

By the way, AD, my kid's quite the little soccer player too. }:-)

Soccer is a great sport to play; for kids. }:-)

Maaaaaaaaaaan, you are going to hear it now. :-o

Menyak's a big soccer fan too, so Cu might wind up in BIG trouble! 8-o

What else is new :-D :-b
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:22 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:You're skating on thin ice, sunshine. ;-7

Don't call me Sunshine, Nancy. }:-) :-b ;-)

Whatever you say, chief. Sunshine.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:By the way, AD, my kid's quite the little soccer player too. }:-)

Kids who sing from the stands don't count as soccer players.

Madison wrote:Menyak's a big soccer fan too, so Cu might wind up in BIG trouble! 8-o

I'm going to be in big trouble too if menyak happens to be a Chelsea or Real Madrid fan. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:26 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Omaha Red Sox wrote:By the way, AD, my kid's quite the little soccer player too. }:-)

Madison wrote:Menyak's a big soccer fan too, so Cu might wind up in BIG trouble! 8-o

I'm going to be in big trouble too if menyak happens to be a Chelsea or Real Madrid fan. :-b

I'm a big Artificial Madrid fan. :-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:27 pm

Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Ah you mean Atletico Madrid then. :-b

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:32 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I don't get it... :-?

But I'll try! So, here's my guess... Atletico Madrid was Madrid's first soccer team (as if one were enough!) but then a bunch of dudes got together and said, "Hey, those blokes are all bloody wankers! We'll show them, righ-o, guvnah, we're the REAL Madrid we is!" (I don't know why a Spanish soccer team would speak like limeys, but roll with me here). So, a new soccer (ah-hem... oh yes, FOOTBALL) team is born and they are the new Madrid, the awesome Madrid, the REAL Madrid. They are what the Yankees are to Baseball (prior to 2001), they are what Cadillacs are to cars (prior to 1970), they are what Chalupas are to Taco Bell (yo quiero!). They, pardon the pun, 'bend it like Beckham.' Or, more appropriately, they have Beckham (I think :-? ) and therefore are constantly setting the bar for other teams to 'bend it.'
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:43 pm

Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

But I'll try! So, here's my guess... Atletico Madrid was Madrid's first soccer team (as if one were enough!) but then a bunch of dudes got together and said, "Hey, those blokes are all bloody wankers! We'll show them, righ-o, guvnah, we're the REAL Madrid we is!" (I don't know why a Spanish soccer team would speak like limeys, but roll with me here). So, a new soccer (ah-hem... oh yes, FOOTBALL) team is born and they are the new Madrid, the awesome Madrid, the REAL Madrid. They are what the Yankees are to Baseball (prior to 2001), they are what Cadillacs are to cars (prior to 1970), they are what Chalupas are to Taco Bell (yo quiero!). They, pardon the pun, 'bend it like Beckham.' Or, more appropriately, they have Beckham (I think :-? ) and therefore are constantly setting the bar for other teams to 'bend it.'

Haha, not quite.

Real was founded a year before Atletico. Think of it this way: Atletico are like the Mets while Real is the Yankees of Spanish soccer.

BTW, Real in Spanish is "royal". Thus, Real Madrid are "Royal Madrid". :-b Real have not only Beckham, but basically the "who's who" of the footballing world: Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Raul, and at one time they had Luis Figo and before he retired last year, Zizou. Otherwise known as Zinedine Zidane.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby Coppermine » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:48 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Haha, not quite.

Real was founded a year before Atletico. Think of it this way: Atletico are like the Mets while Real is the Yankees of Spanish soccer.

BTW, Real in Spanish is "royal". Thus, Real Madrid are "Royal Madrid". :-b Real have not only Beckham, but basically the "who's who" of the footballing world: Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Raul, and at one time they had Luis Figo and before he retired last year, Zizou. Otherwise known as Zinedine Zidane.

I like my version better... in any case, my new favorite team is Fake Madrid, featuring David Beckham's halfwitted younger brother, Oliver!

"Please sir, may I have another....... corner kick?"
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk