better than the football forum! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

better than the football forum!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:59 pm

I'm not averse to hockey, just never got into it. It's all about geography. Like, if you're born in New York city you're probably more of a baseball fan than a football fan. If you were born in Saudi Arabia, you're more likely to be Muslim than Christian. And if you're born in Canada, chances are, you're a hockey fan.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:59 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:You know what I've found? If I need some information regarding baseball, I come here. If I need some football information I go there. Yeah, it works well that way. If I needed some hockey or basketball advice, I'd probably find better info if I went to those Cafes. But I don't know, it may be just me. I'm just saying...

People go to the basketball and hockey cafe's???

:-D

I guess I assumed they do. I don't know for sure. I like hockey, but I can't watch it on TV and we have no pro teams in our area. That, and I know noone who plays fantasy hockey (outside of the Cafe). And I absolutely hate basketball. Playing it's alright, but attempting to watch it is very difficult. :-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:09 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:And I absolutely hate basketball. Playing it's alright, but attempting to watch it is very difficult. :-P

Ugh, first you boast about your kid and now, you start bagging what happens to be my favorite sport (to play and watch) in basketball. You're skating on thin ice, sunshine. ;-7

If I could be serious for a minute, I'm the polar opposite: I love basketball more than baseball, and yeah, a tad more than soccer. It's the first sport I ever participated in and I play pick-up games to this day at the gym still. Well, this is a Lakers town and so my favorite memories of my early childhood go hand in hand with the Showtime Lakers of the 80's. I'm a die-hard Laker fan and so the only reason why I played fantasy basketball two seasons ago was because I was in absolute mourning when we were unceremoniously beaten by the Pistons in '04 and soon thereafter, with Shaq shipped to Miami. I won a friends league in basketball, but it's not as fun as baseball. I'm back on board for fantasy basketball this year though.

As for hockey, I do keep tabs on the game, but I don't care much for it. It's fun to watch especially with the new rules in place, but I still feel indifferent. I do root for the LA Kings though, even though Anaheim is the trendy pick to capture the Cup this season, but hey, even those folks down in Orange County are lukewarm at best when it comes to hockey. I haven't played fantasy hockey and I was meaning to play this season, but I just didn't care.

Try fantasy soccer, Cu. A lot more fun even if you don't know the players. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby acsguitar » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:And I absolutely hate basketball. Playing it's alright, but attempting to watch it is very difficult. :-P

Ugh, first you boast about your kid and now, you start bagging what happens to be my favorite sport (to play and watch) in basketball. You're skating on thin ice, sunshine. ;-7

If I could be serious for a minute, I'm the polar opposite: I love basketball more than baseball, and yeah, a tad more than soccer. It's the first sport I ever participated in and I play pick-up games to this day at the gym still. Well, this is a Lakers town and so my favorite memories of my early childhood go hand in hand with the Showtime Lakers of the 80's. I'm a die-hard Laker fan and so the only reason why I played fantasy basketball two seasons ago was because I was in absolute mourning when we were unceremoniously beaten by the Pistons in '04 and soon thereafter, with Shaq shipped to Miami. I won a friends league in basketball, but it's not as fun as baseball. I'm back on board for fantasy basketball this year though.

As for hockey, I do keep tabs on the game, but I don't care much for it. It's fun to watch especially with the new rules in place, but I still feel indifferent. I do root for the LA Kings though, even though Anaheim is the trendy pick to capture the Cup this season, but hey, even those folks down in Orange County are lukewarm at best when it comes to hockey. I haven't played fantasy hockey and I was meaning to play this season, but I just didn't care.

Try fantasy soccer, Cu. A lot more fun even if you don't know the players. :-b

I hate hate hate basketball.

Its torturous to watch.

The NCAA tourney I can stomach but thats it.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:47 pm

acsguitar wrote:I hate hate hate basketball.

Its torturous to watch.

The NCAA tourney I can stomach but thats it.

To each his own, really, but nothing is torture compared to watching cricket. That, my friend, is TORTURE!!!!
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:18 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:You're skating on thin ice, sunshine. ;-7

Don't call me Sunshine, Nancy. }:-) :-b ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:42 pm

I don't care much for basketball or soccer. Soccer, in particularly, I find dreadfully boring. Again, it's demographics.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:45 pm

Coppermine wrote:I don't care much for basketball or soccer. Soccer, in particularly, I find dreadfully boring. Again, it's demographics.

Again, for me, it goes back to wathability (if that's a word). I can't stand watching hockey or soccer on TV. Watching them live is fun and playing them is a blast.

By the way, AD, my kid's quite the little soccer player too. }:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:47 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I don't care much for basketball or soccer. Soccer, in particularly, I find dreadfully boring. Again, it's demographics.

Again, for me, it goes back to wathability (if that's a word). I can't stand watching hockey or soccer on TV. Watching them live is fun and playing them is a blast.

Soccer is a great sport to play; for kids. }:-)
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Soccer is a great sport to play; for kids. }:-)

Maaaaaaaaaaan, you are going to hear it now. :-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk