better than the football forum! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

better than the football forum!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

better than the football forum!

Postby sixer03fan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:19 pm

yo guys, i am active in both this forum and the football forum... to people that participate in both forums, have you noticed that in general people in this forum are a lot nicer and more helpful than in the football forum? just in general people are more rude in the football forum i think.

just my 2 cents, kind of random, but just wanted to put it out there to see what people thought.
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:27 pm

Less Rude? Nah I see the same amount of mean comments on both sides, though for the most part we keep things nice around here.

More helpful? That I can agree with.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby giants! » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 pm

I don't see much of a difference between the sides. There is a lot more playful joking that can be misinterpreted on the football side.
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:39 pm

I completely disagree with you sixer, but it's not really a big deal...this is kind of a weird thread to start.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:44 pm

If you perceive it to be that way, an explanation might be that this seems to be more of a pull up a chair and stay a while place while that side has many people that just come by, get their advice, and split. Not a ton of people but more, IMHO.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:58 pm

I rarely visit the light side (apathetic football fan here), but I notice that the football side has more commotion on it than here given the influx of new fantasy football players every season. I think the FBC has more of a tight-knit community quality about it. Is FBC more helpful than FFC? Maybe, I don't know if there is much difference, from my experience of navigating the FFC (and there's not much of it and so I can't give you an accurate opinion), but I think the folks around here are good sports about helping out on whatever questions/concerns you have.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:05 pm

there are a ton more football players. So that means more roster rating questions, WAYYYY more start/sit questions. So, yes this side is more helpful. But I think the football side is (nicer).
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Re: better than the football forum!

Postby acsguitar » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:22 pm

sixer03fan wrote:. to people that participate in both forums, have you noticed that in general people in this forum are a lot nicer and more helpful than in the football forum?

Whatever moron :) j/k

yea we rule here. We are much nicer probably because baseball doesn't require the massive amounts of anger and buffness or something.

Basically we mostly aren't meatheads. except for coppermines mom
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:52 pm

We don't have brutally small over here so that helps.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:03 pm

i havent really been in the football forums that much..

do you think at the beginning of each of it's seasons which one has the higher amount of people hanging around in each cafe? FBC/FFC?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 364)

Next

Return to General Talk