AROD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

AROD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AROD

Postby bigmoney » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:22 am

I'm gettingn pretty impatient with this guy. 0-5 4K's last night, 0-5 3K's tonight. his post all star numbers are about the same as his pre. I keep on having faith that he will turn it around in september when our playoffs start but he's looking like he'll end up with the same #s as 2004, but w/ about half the sb's. Yankee fans plz tell me, WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AROD

Postby Prooks25 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:04 am

bigmoney wrote:I'm gettingn pretty impatient with this guy. 0-5 4K's last night, 0-5 3K's tonight. his post all star numbers are about the same as his pre. I keep on having faith that he will turn it around in september when our playoffs start but he's looking like he'll end up with the same #s as 2004, but w/ about half the sb's. Yankee fans plz tell me, WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY

He's an absolute head case and frankly, he may not turn it around at all this year. He has not shown any positive signs for me to believe he'll turn it around atleast. If he was anyone but Alex Rodriguez, he wouldn't be playing full time. He has looked absolutely pathetic in the box and in the field.

The only thing you can hang your hat on is that he is A-Rod, and at anytime, he could give you a 4 HR game. All you can do is hope at this point.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby XHendrix » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:22 am

if you think he sucks drop him. I think its torre whos killing the guy, constantly moving him in the lineup. Batting 3'rd, then 4'th, then 5'th, and second today. Wtf give this guy some room to perform. It's not like he's having a horrible season, his numbers are below average, but that happens to every baseball player at some point. He finally looked like he was coming out of his slump for a week or so, hit 3 or 4 homers, a couple sb's 350 ba. and what do they do, they move him 5'th in the line-up and he's done shit since.
XHendrix
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jebnasty » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:56 am

Yankee Stadium has killed his confidence.
jebnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigmoney » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:09 am

obviously im not dropping him but he's frustrated me. oh and our league actually has fielding percentage as a stat....so way for him to cough it up horribly in the field this year
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Geek » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:34 pm

Not much to do about him now--it's not like there's better options on the waiver wire.

I'm never drafting him again--let someone else use a top-five pick on him. Well, I'll consider drafting him again if the Yanks manage to unload him during the offseason.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby avstars » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:31 pm

It's mental not physical for him. Unfortunately I can't tell you when or if he will snap out of it, no one knows.
avstars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby damonhater » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:46 am

avstars wrote:It's mental not physical for him. Unfortunately I can't tell you when or if he will snap out of it, no one knows.

What your seeing is not an anomally it's the real A-Slob. Will always post great numbers but will bring his team down a peg I hate to say it cuz i hate the yankees with a passion but here goes. A-Slob can't carry Jeter's jock! Jeter is the driving force of that team and always has been.
damonhater Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hayseed » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:32 pm

damonhater wrote:
avstars wrote:It's mental not physical for him. Unfortunately I can't tell you when or if he will snap out of it, no one knows.

What your seeing is not an anomally it's the real A-Slob. Will always post great numbers but will bring his team down a peg I hate to say it cuz i hate the yankees with a passion but here goes. A-Slob can't carry Jeter's jock! Jeter is the driving force of that team and always has been.

none of what you just said makes any sense whatsoever...
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby damonhater » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:24 pm

hayseed wrote:
damonhater wrote:

none of what you just said makes any sense whatsoever...

Sorry dude. Here try this one on. A-Slob sucks.
damonhater Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates