UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Wright2Reyes wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:So Fedor taps out last night.......how happy is Dana White?

This thread was just about dead, no post since April? lol

I think Dana is happy, but I bet his a little bummed that Fedor didn't lose in the UFC. It would have validated everything he has said about Fedor not fighting top competition.

It was bound to happen though, Fedor made the mistake to think he could beat his opponent at his own game and it backfire big time. I don't think Werdum was hurt, I think he faked it so that Fedor would follow him to the ground and it worked down to a T. Werdm did what Nog couldn't do. And what's amazing is that Werdum made no secret about his gameplan.

SF is a mess now, all their main guys have lost, Mousasi, Henderson, Gina and now Fedor.

I think you're giving Wedum far too much credit here. He was most certainly hurt and was placed on his arse. Fedor jumped in, a rare mistake, and got caught with an arm bar. Could happen to anyone really.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:12 pm

I'd like to see Dana White talk ish about Fedor to his face.

I'm more disappointed in Fedor losing than I was the US soccer team.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 am

urbanbreez wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:So Fedor taps out last night.......how happy is Dana White?

I think Dana is happy, but I bet his a little bummed that Fedor didn't lose in the UFC. It would have validated everything he has said about Fedor not fighting top competition.

It was bound to happen though, Fedor made the mistake to think he could beat his opponent at his own game and it backfire big time. I don't think Werdum was hurt, I think he faked it so that Fedor would follow him to the ground and it worked down to a T. Werdm did what Nog couldn't do. And what's amazing is that Werdum made no secret about his gameplan.

SF is a mess now, all their main guys have lost, Mousasi, Henderson, Gina and now Fedor.

I think you're giving Wedum far too much credit here. He was most certainly hurt and was placed on his arse. Fedor jumped in, a rare mistake, and got caught with an arm bar. Could happen to anyone really.

And I don't think you're giving Werdum enough credit.

Here's part of an interview he had with TATAME a day after the fight

Just when the bout started, Fedor controlled the center of the octagon and, after being hit by a low kick, he tight the rhythm and made Fabrício to move in circles around him, getting closer to the grid, while he prepared his attack. The blows got Werdum, who shook and felt. Or was the Brazilian going backwards to he would bring Fedor on his guard? It does not matter, the important thing was that Werdum managed to hold the Russian’s momentum, with a Jiu-Jitsu trick, getting his arm. Fedor escaped, just like Werdum predicted he would, but it was then that the southern boy attacked his neck with a tight triangle.

“It was a Double choke... On the arm and on the neck… Did everyone see it? (laughs)”, asked Fabrício on the press conference, provoking the laughter of the journalists. “I’ll show this choke on my next seminar (laughs). The next seminar will be cheap, it’ll only cost 10 dollars”, said, making even Renato Babalu, who helped him on the translation of the questions, to loose his breath during the laughs. “I don’t like to stay in a room alone, because my head is too focused on the fight. To make jokes with my friends is a good thing for me, I play videogame all the time”, reveals.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Wright2Reyes wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:

Just when the bout started, Fedor controlled the center of the octagon and, after being hit by a low kick, he tight the rhythm and made Fabrício to move in circles around him, getting closer to the grid, while he prepared his attack. The blows got Werdum, who shook and felt. Or was the Brazilian going backwards to he would bring Fedor on his guard? It does not matter, the important thing was that Werdum managed to hold the Russian’s momentum, with a Jiu-Jitsu trick, getting his arm. Fedor escaped, just like Werdum predicted he would, but it was then that the southern boy attacked his neck with a tight triangle.

“It was a Double choke... On the arm and on the neck… Did everyone see it? (laughs)”, asked Fabrício on the press conference, provoking the laughter of the journalists. “I’ll show this choke on my next seminar (laughs). The next seminar will be cheap, it’ll only cost 10 dollars”, said, making even Renato Babalu, who helped him on the translation of the questions, to loose his breath during the laughs. “I don’t like to stay in a room alone, because my head is too focused on the fight. To make jokes with my friends is a good thing for me, I play videogame all the time”, reveals.

Oh no. He caught him good. He was like an octopus and you'd have had to use a crow bar to get him off. Fedor made a rare mistake that just puzzles me but I think it's clear, even to Werdum, that if they fought 100 times, Werdum would pull this off once or twice.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wright2Reyes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 am

urbanbreez wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:I think you're giving Wedum far too much credit here. He was most certainly hurt and was placed on his arse. Fedor jumped in, a rare mistake, and got caught with an arm bar. Could happen to anyone really.

Oh no. He caught him good. He was like an octopus and you'd have had to use a crow bar to get him off. Fedor made a rare mistake that just puzzles me but I think it's clear, even to Werdum, that if they fought 100 times, Werdum would pull this off once or twice.

Oh no, Fedor made a "rare" mistake and it cost him, that's blasphemy :-P

Fedor takes advantage of an opponents mistake and he's a demigod (see fight vs AA) but if his opponent does the same, Fedor still gets the benefit of the doubt while Werdum is deem lucky.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 pm

any predictions for the fight this weekend? It's hard to see Lesnar getting KO'd, but Carwin's fists are like cinderblocks and I see it happening.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 pm

It's a pick 'em but If i had to choose, I'd go with Brock.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 am

Man, would I love to see Carwin knock him out...

Any chance this one makes it out of the first?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Man, would I love to see Carwin knock him out...

Any chance this one makes it out of the first?

Yes.
They are both good wrestlers and I see a lot of clinching.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:21 pm

If it does, I'm very curious as to what kind of cardio these guys have. Neither has been out of the first yet, if I remember correctly...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk