UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Wright2Reyes wrote:So will Carwin replace Lesnar in Mir's nightmares? Talk about making a statement, Mir got owned. Can't wait for Lesnar/Carwin.

Can't blame GSP for not finishing the fight, Hardy showed a lot of heart and if it wasn't for his rubber arm, GSP would have won in the first.

Carwin's fists are cinder blocks. Those were some blows he was hitting Mir with. I'm glad it won't ne Lesnar/Mir....again. But both men have nightmares over Cain Velasquez.

Yeah both guys showed me something that fight. My arm is still sore from watching those bars GSP put Hardy in. I normally condemn GSP for being too safe, but he tried to finish Hardy 2-3 times. Hardy just wasn't having it .

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Looks like a very good cast for the newest TUF, they look like much better fighters than the previous couple of seasons.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 pm

I used to be a fan of Anderson Silva, but I have grown tired of him. He is too good to be goofing around like that. Hopefully he has a real challenge next time around.

Great fight for Frankie Edgar. Surprising win, but well deserved. He outworked Penn and was the clear winner IMO. It will be interesting to see what is next for both guys.

The Renzo fight was boring as hell, which is a shame. On the other hand, the Munoz bout was awesome. Fight of the Night for me.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby bigken117 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:06 am

Silva is still awesome but he really needs to do something. I was letdown in that performance. I wonder if he had an injury or something he didn't want to aggravate.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:29 am

Ugh, Anderson Silva sucks. I gained some respect for Maia gutting it out in the later rounds and trying to initiate some kind of offense against a clearly superior (albeit douchey) opponent.

I just read sherdog, and they were whining about how the judges screwed up the Penn/Edgar fight. Apparently, they didn't see the same fight I did, because Frankie was clearly the one that dictated the action. Although the 50-45 score was a little ridiculous, Edgar was the better fighter.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Was watching some old fights on Spike...seeing Henderson clean Bisbings clock never gets old. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 pm

I keep hearing Silva say in interviews that Maia disrespected him and that's why he wanted to punish Maia, but anytime anyone askes him to clarify, he doesn't give a straight answer. Anyone know anything more about that? Maia has always been a classy guy, so I can't really see him doing what Silva's accusing him of.

WHIR
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

I didn't watch the fight live, but I just watched it online, Silva is a complete douchebag. I've always thought he was really full of himself but that was just lame. He's a fantastic at fighting but sucks at being humble. God I can't wait till someone knocks him out...sooner or later it will happen.

I agree with Dana White 100%, Silva fought like a jackass. :-t
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Meh. It's a two-sided coin. Of course White is going to complain, he's pushing a product....and in that case Silva will pay for it by being an undercard fighter until he gets his "act" together. That being said, fans who complain about stuff like this are kinda baby-ish IMO. The guy is just flat out bored and his title defenses have been against people who don't stand a chance against him. Look at the scorecards. If you're Silva, why are you going to risk getting hurt or by some act of God one of your opponents lands a sucker punch/kick when you can outquick the opponent and win on points without breaking a sweat. All this "disrespect" garbage is stupid and it's just UFC fanboy complaining because the fight itself wasn't exciting.

I watched this fight and I can see how some are a bit upset if they dropped the 50, but to say this is some kind of pattern is ridiculous. The Leites fight was a complete joke....he was in the fetal position half the fight and Silva kept trying to engage, only to watch Lei-down on the mat-tes do what he did the entire fight.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:Meh. It's a two-sided coin. Of course White is going to complain, he's pushing a product....and in that case Silva will pay for it by being an undercard fighter until he gets his "act" together. That being said, fans who complain about stuff like this are kinda baby-ish IMO. The guy is just flat out bored and his title defenses have been against people who don't stand a chance against him. Look at the scorecards. If you're Silva, why are you going to risk getting hurt or by some act of God one of your opponents lands a sucker punch/kick when you can outquick the opponent and win on points without breaking a sweat. All this "disrespect" garbage is stupid and it's just UFC fanboy complaining because the fight itself wasn't exciting.

Not sure if this is directed toward my post or not, but a few quick things...

Silva kept harping on the fact that Maia disrespected him. This has nothing to do with anything fanboyish that I'm coming up with. It's what he said. I was just trying to figure out if anything actually happened, or if it was Silva's way of absolving himself of the negativity that people are directing his way.

Secondly, I disagree with your assessment that Silva is doing what he's doing to avoid a lucky knockout. If that was his intention, he wouldn't have run around with his hands by his sides sticking his chin out at the beginnings of the Forrest and Maia fights. If he wants to be cocky, that's his perogative. The problem with it was the fight was largely unentertaining due to the fact that everyone knew he could finish the fight, but never did. Rather than seeing the best fighter in the world display his craft (which is why people buy these things), we were treated to a half hour of idiocy.
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk