UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Inukchuk wrote:I was also very impressed with Edgar. He looked really slick out there. He does seem small though, which makes me doubt his ability to hang with the top caliber lightweights.

Being short is not a disadvantage. Mookie has proved that over and over again.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 223)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 am

Good card for UFC 107. ;-D

I can't stand Diego, but I'm pulling for him against Penn. I think it will be tough for him to pull the upset though. It is a shame we won't get Fitch vs. Alves, but even the undercard has some decent fights this time around. Ken Flo vs. Guida should be entertaining. Guida always puts up a good show and I think Florian is much better than what he showed against Penn.

Now, can anyone tell me how in the world is Frank Mir supposed to beat Kongo after showing up in a sweat suit? :-D

Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:46 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:It is a shame we won't get Fitch vs. Alves

Yeah, that would have been great, even though Fitch already beat Alves (by upkicks, no less... 8-o ) I have a feeling that would have been a great fight the second time around.

Now, can anyone tell me how in the world is Frank Mir supposed to beat Kongo after showing up in a sweat suit? :-D

That Congo is one classy Frenchman...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:11 pm

That looks like Patrick Swayze and Seal. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:31 pm

BJ completely dominated Sanchez. It was such a one sided fight that BJ didn't even look like he was trying to finish Diego. That cut on Diego was one of the nastiest cuts I can remember, that thing was huge. It is tough to imagine anyone in the UFC right now putting up a good fight with Penn at Lighweight. Even with Florian looking very good once again against Guida, it will be a while before they give him a shot at Penn again. Maybe if they can sign Aoki, we might get a decent bout out of the two.

I used to really hate Diego, but lately I have been pulling for him. I think his whole angry/intense shtick is too funny. He talks like a 7 year old, walks into the ring yelling Yes!, is a disciple of Tony Robbins and is Stevia buddies with Dan Quinn. He's a complete nutcase. ;-D

I was really bummed to see Kongo lose to Mir, especially in that way that it all happened. Now we have to keep listening to Mir and his overrated ass talk about how awesome he is and how he would destroy Lesnar had he had the change again. :-P
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:54 pm

I think that UFC is running into a problem with its lightweight, welterweight and middleweights dominating like they do.

Penn was dominated by GSP at 170 and I don't think that there is any chance of GSP going up to 185 to take on Silva and none of them has a serious challenge within their own weight categories. The only entertaining division now is light heavyweight and then they go and do something stupid like highlighting Oritz and Liddel for TUF 11.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby nsulham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Good point Mook....wait, what? Did I just say that? I think I need to lie down...

But you're right, BJ's clinic this weekend, coupled with GSP and Spider's dominance, I just don't know who's going to step up in each respective class and take one of these guys down.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:35 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:I used to really hate Diego, but lately I have been pulling for him. I think his whole angry/intense shtick is too funny. He talks like a 7 year old, walks into the ring yelling Yes!, is a disciple of Tony Robbins and is Stevia buddies with Dan Quinn. He's a complete nutcase. ;-D

Haha, I feel the same way. I used to hate him too, but I found myself rooting for him. He might be a weirdo, but he is a really good fighter. He also showed in the Penn fight that he can take a beating... :-°

I know what you guys are talking about with the light/welter/middleweight champs being pretty unstoppable at this point. And Once Jonny Bones takes on Machida, you can add light heavy to that list, too... ;-D
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby bigken117 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Inukchuk wrote:I know what you guys are talking about with the light/welter/middleweight champs being pretty unstoppable at this point. And Once Jonny Bones takes on Machida, you can add light heavy to that list, too... ;-D

I know you're on the Bones bandwagon, but I can't tell which direction you're leaning...

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:09 am

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk