UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Sounds really nasty. I hope Brock recovers and this illness doesn't become career-threatening. I've never really been a Brock fan since his WWE days, but he does carry a good deal of mainstream buzz and frankly, I'd watch any UFC event with Lesnar headlining it.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Had minor surgery and is back home now. :-? :-S
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Dana White wrote:"Brock was in big pain, he was hurting.... We don’t know if he’ll ever fight again. He had a hole in his intestine. The (stuff) was leaking into his stomach. That’s what was causing him so much pain. That and he had abscesses. The doctor told him he hasn’t been right for a year. His immune system has been trying to fight this thing and that’s why he was susceptible to getting sick.... We’ll find out more next week. We’re going to send him to the Mayo Clinic for a couple of days. I don’t know what to say. It’s looking better now than last week, but what that means, I don’t know."

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/5027.html
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Madison wrote:
Dana White wrote:"Brock was in big pain, he was hurting.... We don’t know if he’ll ever fight again. He had a hole in his intestine. The (stuff) was leaking into his stomach. That’s what was causing him so much pain. That and he had abscesses. The doctor told him he hasn’t been right for a year. His immune system has been trying to fight this thing and that’s why he was susceptible to getting sick.... We’ll find out more next week. We’re going to send him to the Mayo Clinic for a couple of days. I don’t know what to say. It’s looking better now than last week, but what that means, I don’t know."

There is another article on that site that basically say's Lesnor's trainer thinks he will fight again in about 6 months. I hope so.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:17 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
Madison wrote:

There is another article on that site that basically say's Lesnor's trainer thinks he will fight again in about 6 months. I hope so.

Yeah, but that article came out today, so it wasn't up when I posted the prior one. :-D

Here's part of it:

Brock Lesnar's longtime friend and Jiu-Jitsu coach tells TMZ.com that the UFC Heavyweight champ WILL return to the Octagon -- within 6 months.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/5047.html

So he's gone from needing "major surgery" and his career possibly being over to "minor" surgery and back within 6 months. Makes me wonder if I was right about Dana blowing this up a bit for the headlines...
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:47 pm

Madison wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:

Yeah, but that article came out today, so it wasn't up when I posted the prior one. :-D

Here's part of it:

Brock Lesnar's longtime friend and Jiu-Jitsu coach tells TMZ.com that the UFC Heavyweight champ WILL return to the Octagon -- within 6 months.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/5047.html

So he's gone from needing "major surgery" and his career possibly being over to "minor" surgery and back within 6 months. Makes me wonder if I was right about Dana blowing this up a bit for the headlines...

I don't know how minor a surgery having your intestine repaired is but I wouldn't put any sort of self promotion past Dana, although I'm sure he was genuinely nervous about Lensor's future in the Octogon. Heavyweight UFC championship fights basically promote themselves at this point so I tend to think Dana's comments to the press were in good faith.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm definitely not buying the PPV tonight. On paper, this looks like one of the worst cards of the year and makes me wonder if the UFC needs to cut down on the number of shows per year. Tito hasn't fought in a long time and Griffin is coming off a pretty bad loss, making it a bad main event. But, who knows, UFC 95 looked pretty crappy on paper too and it turned out to be one of the best cards of the year.

I'm mainly looking forward to seeing Kendall Grove and Kos getting their butts kicked tonight. B-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm actually really looking forward to TUF finale tonight.

Alexander's a nice matchup for Kimbo (for entertainment puposes, especially) in that neither has a ground game. Should be a banger.

I'd like to see Schaub KO Fatty McGee, but I wouldn't be surprised by a belly flop crucifix either :-P

Mitrione needs a beating, but I would imagine Marcus turns him into a pretzel.

Wren (who I thought kind of got screwed against Nelson) should make Madsen look stupid with some ground and pound.

I actually think Schoonover has a decent shot against McSweeney if he can get him to the ground. Titties gets the submission.

Finally, I'm jacked to see Jonny Bones. I'd love to see him get to the point where he can give Lyoto a run for his money...

I'm calling KO in the 2nd by spinning back elbow. B-)
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby J35J » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Hhahaha, that cocky SOB McSweeney got rocked!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby bigken117 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:15 am

Wow, Bones got jobbed. Disirregardless, he's the next Anderson Silva.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk