UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:23 pm

UFC 102

Main Card

•Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
•Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva
Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt
Demian Maia vs. Nate Marquardt
•Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brandon Vera

PRELIMINARY CARD

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer
•Justin McCully vs. Mike Russow
Todd Duffee vs. Tim Hague
•Nick Catone vs. Mark Munoz
Marcus Aurelio vs. Evan Dunham
•Ed Herman vs. Aaron Simpson

Couture/Nog is too close to call, I wish it was a 5 rounder, but I think Nog will take it via sub in the 3rd.

Jardine tends to struggle against fighter like Silva, i expect a KO in the first.

Maia will bait Nate and sub him to remain undefeated.

Vera is on another level than Krzysztof.

Munoz bounces back from that devastating kick by Hamill.

Gonzaga has a tough fight, if he takes Chris lighlty it could be good night for him.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:13 am

Man!!! I hope you guys are watching this. It's one hell of a fight so far Couture is my hero.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:20 am

Okay, this...this is one of the best fights I've ever seen! I hope you got the link I sent you BigKen. Wish it was 5 rounds, 3 is just not enough.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:29 am

That was easily one of the most entertaining fights I've ever seen. It had everything, except two more rounds. Seriously awesome fight. ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:43 am

Almost as good as the Maia/Marquardt fight. :-C :-t :-[
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Wright2Reyes » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:37 am

Some very good fights tonight. That Ellenberger guy sure had me worried, I thought he was going to pull off the upset, but Condit kept coming back for more. He hasn't really been as dominant as he was in the WEC, but he has that "champions heart" that fighters need to have to make in this sport.

Quarry vs Credeur was a great fight, I thought for sure one of them was going to get KO'ed.

I'm disappointed in the Huerta fight, he was doing good in the 1st, but Maynard made the necessary adjustments. It was a close fight, just like I thought it would be. 30-27? wtf was that?

Too bad they were running out of time though, as I wanted to hear Huerta say his goodbyes, for now at least. He should be back....

Diaz had his typical fight, once he takes the fight to the ground, odds are he will submit you.

I'm really surprised Larson lost and by decision, definitely did not see that one coming.

Too bad about Nover(he had a seizure hours before the fight, but Dana said he was ok), I was looking forward to his match, but maybe they can add this fight to UFC 105 or something.

TUF 10 was off to great start, way better than the whole season 9, the fight was a snoozer though. Looks like Rampage made not so great picks and I still don't know how Nelson was pick that late(Abe got picked before him and he got owned) dude is tough, but I guess looks can be deceiving.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah great fights last night. And I'm interested in TUF this year...well I am every year but this year has really peeked my interest. That was a snoozer of a fight but man once Abe was cut it was like someone turned on a faucet. It was funny, at the end of the first round when Abe stood up, one of the dudes on Evans team said "holy $#!% that looks like a horror movie!" :-b

And did you see at the very end of the show when the doc was looking at the cut? And he says to Abe, "just making sure there isn't a fracture." and Abe's like, "Why? Because you can see my skull?" :-b :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:58 pm

that shoulder was gross %-6

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:05 am

Looks like we might have a Vitor Belfort vs. Anderson Silva fight sometime soon. It actually makes sense because Silva has already beaten both Marquardt and Hendo, but with Hendo's contract up, he might be given a shot at Silva again. I'd be OK with a Nate vs. Hendo bout with the winner getting a title shot. Belfort has looked impressive in the last little while, so it looks like the old Vitor is back and he could be the only one right now who could give Silva some trouble.

As much as I like Crocop, I think it is time for him to seriously think about retiring. Watching him backing up with a wild Junior Dos Santos coming at him was painful. Dos Santos on the other hand continues to impress and he is right there with the likes of Carwin and Velazquez as rising stars in the Heavyweight division.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:05 am

So, did Shogun get robbed or what? I like Machida, but I think he got a little help from the judges here. There have been some talk that the UFC gave it to Machida so they can have a rematch between the two, but even if they had "given" the bout to Shogun, a rematch would still bring them a ton of PPV buys and it wouldn't have looked fishy. Now the interwebs is calling the UFC corrupt and you know you can't stop the interwebs.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk